winter skin

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
witchammer

winter skin

Post by witchammer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:39 pm

just wanted to share this.------I have always had terribly dry skin on my face especially in the winter (the booze never helped) but have finally found the cure. I now wash my face with bar soap everyday in the shower, something I couldn't even do once in a while but right when I get out I put a small amount, maybe the size of an american nickel of sunflower oil and rub it into my face. I can't belive how healthy my skin has become over the last month of doing this. I couldn't use ANY type of loition, hydrocortison or prescription ointment without my skin wanting to leave my skull with itchy rashy horror but now even some scars I have from some discussions I have had down at the pub through the years seem to be fading. Only drawback is my cell phone screen is a little more greesy but otherwise you can't tell by touching or looking at me after about 20 minutes of putting it on that I have oil on my face. I think it has something to do with the omega fats and the water retention without any perfumes or products from the oil industry (petroleum jelly,mineral oil ect that) that skin agrees with. Anyway I had to post this because I know I can't be the only on out there that has these problems and even just in the winter to prtect your skin it's awesome.

Dr Zzz

Re: winter skin

Post by Dr Zzz » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Well I do that with olive oil. I have a very dry skin too. It works.

eid

Post by eid » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:15 pm

You should probably be careful going out in the sun like that. :o

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Mmmmmmmm, roasted meat........
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 pm

I would think it would protect your skin from the sun as a big problem with sunburn is dryness. Isnt that why people use cocoa butter

Raa

Post by Raa » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Honey.

Lots of honey.

eid

Post by eid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:37 am

witchammer wrote:I would think it would protect your skin from the sun as a big problem with sunburn is dryness. Isnt that why people use cocoa butter
I have always thought that cooking oil would magnify the suns rays in the same way as a lens does. I may be wrong, but I would do some research before using it.

<edit> I just did a quick google and it seems I'm talking absolute rubbish :lol:

Its actually used widely as a safe ingredient for skin treatment and tanning oil!

Move along, nothing to see here :oops:
Last edited by eid on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

with the sunflower oil I am able to wash my face with soap and then apply it as a replacement to the natural oils that the soap has stripped away. After about 20 minutes it is pretty much absorbed into the skin yet I have removed any unwanted dirt or whatever. I have never ben able to use soap on my face without it overdrying and any type of store bought loition (even the expensive ones) made me break out. As for magnifying the sun it is no more evident than the natural oils that your body puts there.

eid

Post by eid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am

I was editing my post as you wrote yours Witchammer...see above.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:47 pm

nobody knows everything---I certainly don't