Qi Gong

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
teeko

Qi Gong -

Post by teeko » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Anyone have any personal experience?

Recommend?

I noticed flickedbic mentioned it earlier and I have been reading up on it lately, but there are no qi gong places anywhere near my house it seems. And all the tai chi places are about self defense(thanks you mma bitches!) and that is not what I want to go for.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

SleepyTime

Re: Qi Gong -

Post by SleepyTime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25 pm

From my understaning Qi gong is like the sister or brother of yoga. More into the mystical and internal alchemy of the body. Tai chi shares some movements and probably has the basic understanding. So any Tai chi ( as long as they know what they are talking about and aren't new age people) should be good.

My personal experience? it works, I practice the 8 pieces of brocade and some other qi gong. This I learned from a dvd. The Chinese owner from a local restaurant told me to becareful with qi gong. He said that he learned how to live off of air for a long period of time. And that I have to concentrate and know where to direct the chi and expel the fire chi. They get into specifics about the body which I know next to nothing about. A good book that I picked up at the library (and you can find it online) is a book by Daniel REid, something about the tao of sex,love and longevity.

Another extremely interesting book I came across was the tao te ching and the sex related questions that the yellow emperor asked. Really interesting stuff, tells you how to make a girl climax. Tells you to retain your semen instead of letting go. All personal choice, I remember not finishing and the ex was like hey why don't you? And I was like sorry I'm saving my stuff. he he

minderbinder

Re: Qi Gong -

Post by minderbinder » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:01 pm

i once started with it, but only the inner kind of stuff - it still seems worth the while to me, but it has the same drawback like yoga, for example - it requires constant engagement. nothing for hedonistic-quick-kick-losers like mr minderbinder ...
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

Capsaicin

Re: Qi Gong

Post by Capsaicin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:20 pm

I took my a former lover to a Korean Acupuncturist for her ailments. At the end of the session he did this cool trick (?) where he cultivated chi by breathing and moving his hands around slowly. After gathering enough chi he told me to hold my hand out and he with hands over mind exerted the chi over mine and I felt a heat similar to a breath.
"The white man says, there is freedom and justice for all. We have had "freedom and justice," and that is why we have been almost exterminated. We shall not forget this. " -Tecumseh

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:23 am

Capsaicin, what you're describing sound like reiki. Some people seem to do it naturally. Have you ever met or heard about someone that seems to have "healing hands"? That's basically what it is, the ability to manipulate and direct one's own Chi in order to fix something that is wrong with another's. I know this will sound hokey, but I've been able to do it for as long as I can remember. I had a palm reader once comment on how he had trouble getting within 6 inches of my hands, due to what he described as a type of "static field" repelling him. Also, though my average body temp is abnormally low (about 95f) the temperature in the palms of my hands is really high, measuring as much as 105f at times.

As far as Qi Gong, I know of a local master that refuses to take on students. She gave a demonstration once to a local Tai Chi class where she simply laid her hand on a stack of bricks and caused the second one from the bottom to shatter. I would have loves to have seen it myself, and the person telling me about it could have been full of shit, but I have no reason to doubt him.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 am

Yesh Cow, they have some videos on youtube with Qi gong tricks. I'll have to read up on that Reiki. The acupuncturist did the trick once I asked if he knew any Qi gong. That is cool about your natural ability. If I ever get the chance I would like to train with a Qi gong grandmaster or master.
"The white man says, there is freedom and justice for all. We have had "freedom and justice," and that is why we have been almost exterminated. We shall not forget this. " -Tecumseh

flickedbic

Post by flickedbic » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:53 pm

I practice semen retention and have learned that ejaculatory orgasm is not needed for amazing orgasm energy that is then drawn into the body instead of being lost through expulsion.

I have practiced the 8 piece Brocade and 6 Healing sounds and they are short and simple and there is no excuse to not practice them regularly.

I heard sleeping with some weight on the lower abdomen (dan tien- a couple inches below the belly button) stimulates chi production. I breath by expanding the stomach and then bringing it into the spine to exhale; the chest hardly moves.

I have also heard the cautions of care and stories of new practicioners injuring themselves/their psyches with overzealous/advanced kundalini yoga practices or even, perhaps,microcosmic/macrocosmic orbit qigong.

I feel the Sun Salutations as well as the 8 pieces of brocade and the 6 healing sounds should be a safe start however, these are ancient and broadly practiced.

Healthy eating is often recommended... I eat raw vegan as much as possible and am personally thinking of starting a regimen of medicinal mushrooms including reishi, shiitaki, and maitake; which are said to help balance internal (organs) chi. Today I briefly cooked some reishi with garlic onions soy sauce and lemon juice and it tasted like meat and I feel good and healthy. I hear all mushrooms should be somehow briefly cooked before eating; altho I am aware tea from dried mushroom is very popular. I am also looking at cured Ho Shu Wu (Fo-Ti root) as it is said to open energy channels and give yin jing energy to the organs.

Speak with someone informed on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM practicioner/herbalist/even qigong and tai chi people) or taoism about good herbs and tips for Qigong. Buy them lunch if you find them knowledgeable and wring their brains...

I would also meet with knowledgeable QiGong practicioners preferably in real life or online/ books/journals etc.
To have an idea if someone is knowledgeable; one must be somewhat knowledgeable themselves. To this end I would also watch lots of youtube videos to get familiar with the different excersizes and the beliefs and execution displayed by the different practicioners, find ones you like and read comments research the posters other vids to learn more. Research the beliefs expressed further online until consensus' are formed in the mind about which directions one wants to head and then seek more information on those; keenly using knowledge gained to discriminate between truth and lies and evolved/refined understandings.

Become aware of body feelings and pay attention to the different practices and possible positive and negative indicators which may arise from their practice so that one can safely and steadily grow on that path one has selected.

Post your experiences so others can benefit from your knowledge!

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:50 pm

flickedbic, the Hair Qi Gong practice you game me worked wonder. I also take vitamin E and wash my hair (and the rest of my body) with cold water.
I took 7,5 cm in three months, impressive.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:29 pm

thanks - some good hints, 8 brocade and 6 sounds, got to look that up
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

hekura

Post by hekura » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:11 pm

It sounds very interesting. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to hit the bullshit button on some things. Especially after seeing this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu99GRUUN6Y