"Bulking Up" - Muscle Gain

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
teeko

"Bulking Up" - Muscle Gain -

Post by teeko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:19 pm

So I am underweight. Have been my entire life pretty much. I got a gym membership and plan on some tai chi or bodokai aikido as well. I registered at fitday and packed in some 7000 odd calories yesterday without even trying. I thought I was around 3500 but I guess not. Test says I burn about 2000 calories a day just by sitting in bed, so I gotta EAT! Just got some quickmass and more whey and creatine, but I can't load on creatine due to a supposed genetic enzyme that makes me prone to kidney stones, so that is going back to the store.

Any herbals to help in this area?

Anything like a herbal GHRP plant around? Really though, is there?

Would Mirabilis multiflora be something worth looking into? Due to its supposed constituent that converts to another supposed analog of a chemical that is not sold at health stores anymore but can be found in little plastic bottle caps at hippy fests and raves?

Appetite stimulants other than the green herb?

If anyone that knows more on this would care to pm me that would be great. :lol:
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

deadtotheworld

Re: "Bulking Up" - Muscle Gain -

Post by deadtotheworld » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Drink beer, it worked for me.....
Im trying to get rid of the evidence.

teeko

Post by teeko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:45 pm

I don't want a beer belly again. Had that once. Talking about lean muscle mass. Want to go from Screech Powers to AC Slater. hahaha
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 pm

i was thinking about doing the same thing

Metanoian

Post by Metanoian » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:40 pm

teeko wrote:Want to go from Screech Powers to AC Slater. hahaha
:lol:

The powders (whey, soy, creatine, quickmass, musclemilk, etc. etc.) will help you gain weight, but I much prefer to do it the natural way nowadays. I mean, those powders can become really expensive over time. And I don't like the added sucralose/aspartame that is almost always in them. I do have some organic soy protein powder that I add to smoothies/shakes which has no flavoring or sweeteners. It is expensive, but I don't use it everyday.

I take Gingko Biloba, Ashwagandha, Ginseng, Yerba Mate, and Milk Thistle on a daily or semi-daily basis. This regimen of herbs has really improved my strength training. I have some Tribulus terrestris and Yohimbe, but don't use those as often. They make me insanely horny :lol:

Lots of chicken/turkey. I eat boneless skinless chicken breast everyday. At least three or four breasts a day. I've actually started to choke down tuna sometimes as well, to try to bump the protein. And I love beans. It's worth the farts for me :D Lots of nuts as well. Unsalted and unsweetened.

So lots of protein, and lots of strength training. Heavy weight with fewer reps. Some people just have a harder time bulking up than others. I'm naturally a large guy, lots of muscle, big thick bastard :) But with tons of protein and strength training, anyone can build more muscle.
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:34 am

Dioxippus wrote: Lots of chicken/turkey. I eat boneless skinless chicken breast everyday. At least three or four breasts a day. I've actually started to choke down tuna sometimes as well, to try to bump the protein. And I love beans. It's worth the farts for me :D Lots of nuts as well. Unsalted and unsweetened.

So lots of protein, and lots of strength training. Heavy weight with fewer reps. Some people just have a harder time bulking up than others. I'm naturally a large guy, lots of muscle, big thick bastard :) But with tons of protein and strength training, anyone can build more muscle.
Yup, I was very skinny and did it like this a few years ago. Took me about 3 months. Enough of the muscle mass remained.
Now just the bodyweight exercises are enough for me.
Also, don't overtrain. My routine was

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Biceps
Wednesday-Back
Thursday-Triceps, Abs
Friday-Legs and shoulders

Or something like that...

No cardio, about 5-6 reps till failure, 4 sets, 4 exercises. No cardio at all. Spent about 45mins to 1 hour in the gym just working without saying a word.
But be careful to do the exercises correctly and not hurt your joints etc.
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:37 pm

important thing is to have consistancy and not get frustrated. Some carbs an hour before your workout and protein after. If you miss a couple of workouts get right back to it and make sure your are raising the weight you push once in a while. I used to bulk up fast then burn out and not go for a while and get depressed. Now I have learned that it is a lifestyle and the gym should be part of your self just like eating. Also overeating and too many supps. cant be good for you, gain muscle slowly not calories fast

puddledive

Post by puddledive » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:16 pm

i have lost singnificent fat weight and some muscle mass in the past 6 years ....im 140 lbs an 5ft 6....i use to over 200 lbs.....thank god i have lost weight..... i was headed for 250 and my frame is not big. imean 5 6......and over 200 and going up...not good...what was i eating?? allot of fruit and herbal suplements.....no junk food...just allot of food.....i get realy anxious i found the food damped down the anxiety to a digree.......oa....maybe

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Grass fed beef. You'd be surprised about how much better for you beef is when they eat what they are supposed to, and not grains.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

kedabra

Post by kedabra » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 am

Teeko, what is your weight and height, if you don't mind me asking?