Age difference in relationship.

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
Solomon

Age difference in relationship. -

Post by Solomon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 am

Just wondering about this, what is the largest age difference you have had in a relationship with someone. or if you are currently in a relationship where there is a large age difference. How does this effect a relationship and what are the common hurdles one encounters? Im also wondering what you deem to be too much of an age gap...discuss!! :D Oh and im going to be expanding the topic to include other things regarding relationships and possibly taboo subjects regarding them as well when the thread gets rolling...
Last edited by Solomon on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maslow

Re: Age difference in relationship. -

Post by Maslow » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:17 am

6 year difference...I was 19...she was 25....loved it..lasted 2 years...not so sure what to think about the older women now that I am older..but when back then it sure was nice.

I think the Chinese zodiac states that when you get to 6 years you are pushing it ....and that is based upon a 12 year cycle (I think)

but who knows

Metanoian

Post by Metanoian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 am

I was 18, she was 24. Like Maslow, I look back fondly on those months. Sadly, it only lasted a few months. We were very much on the same page though. There were no major differences between us, other than age. But people always tell me (when they get to know me) that I act older than I am. I also look older than I am, and have been this way since puberty. Perhaps I had to grow up faster than most people. I know that most people expected more of me in school and other situations because they thought I was much older than I really was.

I've had more problems with people my own age than older people. In the past I've found most people my age to be rather immature. But I'll say it again, I probably act older than I really am ;) If it's less than 20 years, I say go for it! :D
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

teeko

Post by teeko » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:10 am

no comment

:P :P
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Solomon

Post by Solomon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:38 pm

teeko wrote:no comment

:P :P
Awww come on, obviously means it's exciting...possibly delving in to the taboo region? Oh and this topic has nothing to do with me and being attracted to an older female, if it was though i would say 16 years older. Anyhoo i need more opinions. This thread must make at least 3 pages. :evil: Oh and talking of taboo....family friends? is it as bad as dating your friends ex?

I will remind you this is hypothetical at best.
Last edited by Solomon on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

19 and she was 26----I'm 39 now. last two relationships was and are 10 years dif me the oldest. I really do miss being able to say hey remember the movie such and such or being into the same music or fads. Just a hurdle to constantly deal with. I mean how can you not have seen animal house

clockwisevortex

Post by clockwisevortex » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:24 pm

When I was 26 I was with a 33 year old. I am 31 now and with a 24 year old... we met when I was 28 and she was 21.
While there are/were some definite hurdles with both relationships, mostly originating from emotional and social immaturity, I've learned that age is for the most part just a number. In many ways both women have been my equals in terms of maturity levels.

Solomon

Post by Solomon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

The age differences so far are not that large...the most being 7 years older from witchammer. Anybody dated someone 15 to 20 years older than them, is this just bad news waiting to happen? or if you even know someone where such a relationship happened to work? i don't believe there is much difference once you reach a certain age to warrant anything about it being weird. Say a 22/23/24/25 year old dating a 41 year old.

lost

Post by lost » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Do what you feel is right and screw what other people think, within the law that is!

Khnum93

Post by Khnum93 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:26 pm

My ex and I were four years apart. 17 years married. My 1st relationship after marriage. I was 47 and she was 52. After that I had another relationship I was 50 and she was 37. Since 2003 I have been a relationship for seven years and there is a 10 years difference. I'm older than her. I think I'm done. I don't think age matters. ....I'll repeat this, "Older women don't look so old and the younger ones get younger."

93 / 93