Working from home kicks so much ass

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
lurkmode 2.0

Working from home kicks so much ass -

Post by lurkmode 2.0 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:07 pm

any of you kind fellow freaks get to work out of your house?

today is the first week I've ever been able to do it and will be a common thing for quite some time I hope.

time to buy a Snuggie for sure

lost

Re: Working from home kicks so much ass -

Post by lost » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm

That rocks!!!!
Congrats, I would spend all day on here and not get any work done!
LOL

merlin 21
Location: California and up in my head, not necessarily in that order

Post by merlin 21 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Yes and no. I operate a contracting business; primarily woodworking, cabinetry and finish carpentry. A lot of my work is done in a shop located about 75 feet from my backdoor. I'm probably working in my shop 75% of the time and at the homes of customers the rest of the time.

That's how I like it; some variety. I can't stand going to the same place every day, even if it's my own shop.

I am 60 years old and spent about 2 of them commuting to do projects about 2-3 hours away. I just started renting rooms several nights a week after awhile. Then I just decided not to do that anymore. I remember sitting in that f'ing Bay Area traffic and looking at all the other people and thinking "How did this happen, how did we let it...this is insanity." God, I HATED that feeling.

Yes, working at home is better and so is having your own business (if you can handle the stress).

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:00 pm

I love my job. I make my own hours and make great money but at the same time have made bills for myself that will not go away anytime soon. I wonder if you could recomend a work from home job that the old lady could do while she is at home watching the kids. Even if she made like fifty bucks or more a day it would take the burden of giving her money off my back.

lurkmode 2.0

Post by lurkmode 2.0 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:14 pm

thanks for sharing guys ... I've just always wondered what it would be like to work from home and I guess that's just one goal I've accomplished. I do Web design mainly and all other kinds of multimedia so that kind of job lends itself toward remote work especially when all the staff lives in different cities — which is the case.

I was lucky getting this job b/c I was laid off from a job of 5+ years 2 weeks before I landed this new gig. I was already getting used to the idea of being unemployed for some amount of time.

teeko

Post by teeko » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:13 pm

its aight.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:24 pm

I worked for about a year and change from home. I liked it because I could sit there in my underwear and wiggle the mouse to make my computer look busy as I watched youtube and answered phones. I used gotomypc and skype and it was pretty much the same as working in the office where I was at first, except I didn't have to deal with the retarded office manager except thru emails after that mostly :)
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

420_4life

Post by 420_4life » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:57 am

I basically work from home, fix computers, built them, fuck with them (well basically fix peoples fuck ups lol), though it is not my business, the owner operates out of his own home, which I live about 3 minutes from by foot. The store is in the basement, and since my boss wakes up at 1-2 PM (which is the second boss I've had that sleeps all day lol) it more or less feels like home, working by myself, quiet, very relaxed environment, very cool owner, totally consider him my friend as he does myself, been there for a little over 2 years now, it's great, and if it was my business it would be the completely shite! lol, good for you man, it is the life, as long as you get your work done, what the hell right!

Davidartist1234

Post by Davidartist1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:54 am

body like yours Pandora? I've love to see a shapely 50 year old body. Alas unless your Maria Shriver, Michelle Pfeiffer, or Jaclyn Smith, most women most likely look like hell.

barbzilla

Post by barbzilla » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:58 am

I own a business where I am able to work from home. I do make house calls though, so I'm not always at home.