Any EDOT Gamers?

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
GK77

Any EDOT Gamers? -

Post by GK77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:59 am

I admit it. I am a dork, nerd, whatever you'd like to call me. But I still enjoy playing video games....
I play mostly on consoles, but have a few on the PC as well.

So, I am curious if there are any other members that play?
State what console or PC you play on, favorite games, and whether you play online. If so give out your gamertag so we all can link up.
I really think it would be cool to play with the folks from here, so I hope this thread catches on.

I mostly play on the 360 first person shooters. Call of Duty, the Battlefield series etc...
I love roleplaying games too, since final fantasy and zelda. But I'll play pretty much anything.

So, what you guys got?

-G7

Here I will regularly post an updated list of gamertags for consoles.
PXS, Wii, Xboxlive etc..

If your name isn't here, I don't have you info. If you want to list it, just add post your gamertag and system in this thread, or simply PM me, and I will add it here.

So far we only have Xbox Live tags, no Wii or PSX?

XboxLive
gkannon77 = Hildebrand7
barbzilla = MSgt. Barbzilla
Max_Power = max666power
keeper of toast = keeper of toast
Blackpearl = Tical916
MAC = ALIENBRAINMAC
Skunkjar = LabiaCameltoeJr
Last edited by GK77 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

barbzilla

Re: Any EDOT Gamers? -

Post by barbzilla » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 am

There is actually a small group of gamers here. You can find me on X-Fire Barbzilla, or on my 360 MSgt. Barbzilla.

Max_Power

Post by Max_Power » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 am

I'm a rpg nerd, which is killing me since the 360 is so scarce with good rpg action. And I let the neighbor take my ps2 for his kid to use since I got the 360.

But I'll probably pick up Borderlands soon, that looks like a fun game, and I'll be grabbing my Dragon Age copy when I get out of work tonight.

max666power on xbox live.

Energy Turtle

Post by Energy Turtle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 am

I'm a huge nerd, but I wouldn't call myself a "hardcore gamer". I don't have an XBox Live account, I can't really afford it, plus my internet connection is far too slow.

Some of my favorite games are the Valve games. Here's a list of the games I have, starting from favorite to least favorite. Plus, I'll explain why I reccomend these games.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (an amazing RPG, I think one of the best the XBox 360 has to offer. If you haven't played this game, then you haven't played XBox 360 to it's full potential)
Mirror's Edge (great parkour game)
Mass Effect (If you haven't played this, there's clearly something wrong with you. This game's storyline is second to none)
Half-Life 2 (Amazingly realistic first-person shooter, with awesome ragdoll physics...plus the Gravity Gun puts this game a step above the rest)
Assassin's Creed (I don't feel I need to explain why I love this game)
Left 4 Dead (This is one of the best games for playing with friends.)
Portal (Short game, but well worth the money.)
Dead Rising (This game's fun, but can get boring and frustrating after just a short time. I don't feel that this game really sucks you in the way Oblivion or Left 4 Dead does.)
Last edited by Energy Turtle on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Mass Effect to the list. Thanks gkannon!

lurkmode 2.0

Post by lurkmode 2.0 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:00 pm

I've got a Wii w/ a few games but my absolute favorite is Halo 1 on XBOX. Any of the Halos will do and I've only played Halo 3 the past couple years.

keeper of toast

Post by keeper of toast » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:06 pm

im mostly a 360 gamer myself, and i usually just play halo 3 or CoD4

though i must say halo 1 is my favorite campaign game of all time.

hit me up my gamertag is keeper of toast (lol big surprise right?)

just let me know you're from edot when you send the request so i'll accept you

GK77

Post by GK77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Right on guys. Ill add those of you on 360 later this week when I get some free time.
Looking forward to CODMW 2 coming out this month, i think in a few days.

Games I have:
Halo 3, COD4, Mirrors Edge, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fight Night Round 4, Battlefield Bad Company, ODST, Grand Theft Auto, Fable II, Fallout 3, The Orange Box (when is the next HL coming out?), Bioshock, Lost Odessey, Moto GP.

-G7
-AE

ComoSally

Post by ComoSally » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Computer geek first, gamer second.
Currently playing Resident Evil 5 on the 360 and loving it.

Favorite game of all time is Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of time. Got the gold cartridge sitting about 2 feet from me as I type this.

Past few games(in order, over the last three months) have been Halo 3(just got a 360), Fallout 3(PC), GTA4(360), and Fable 2(360). And that doesn't include the near constant stream of Zelda games that I play through repeatedly.

GK77

Post by GK77 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 am

Dude Fallout 3 is awesome man, you'll love it!
I know what you mean about the old zelda games. They rock. A friend of mine let me borrow his Wii and I tried to play the New Zelda game for it, dont remember what its called though. Just not the same as the old ones.
Shit, I even have the original Final Fantasy, Dragon Warriors 1-4, and even Mike Tyson punch out, all for my old 8bit Nintendo that still works!

-G7
-AE

i-jinx

Post by i-jinx » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:27 am

Got to big up the Thief series. The most atmospheric one-player games I have gone through (many times over). The third game (Deadly Shadows) contains a mission called Robbing the Cradle, which has been hailed by some reviewers as maybe the most well crafted "survival horror" experience in any game. Many people on a Thief forum I used to frequent, confessed to being too scared to play it at night.

The first two will look dated these days but were groundbreaking at the time. You had to be there I suppose. As was the case with the original Halflife. Halflife 2 is a great game but it can't match the "wow" factor the original gave us when it first came out.

Alpha Centauri is the best strategy game I know, if you prefer depth and complexity to fancy gfx. It can also teach us a thing or two about realpolitik. Thanks to that game I understand that the difference between a police state and a democracy is simply a matter of resource allocation.

Online I just play Unreal Tournament. Simple, childish fun. Easy to just jump in and do some stressbusting.