Reconnecting with old friends from edot

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
diamorph_4life

Reconnecting with old friends from edot

Post by diamorph_4life » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:22 am

Hey guys

For whatever reason (not sure how site setup) I was unable to reset the password to my original account so went ahead and made a new one with a name in a similar fashion. For the best anyway since I no longer smoke Marijuana, especially to the extreme that I once had haha.

This is 420_4life for anyone still wondering. For any of my old friends or anyone who remembers the great conversations everyone on the site had make a little post with some life updates, what you remember most about our interactions etc.

Hope everyone has been doing ok.

Peace!

Flapjack

Re: Reconnecting with old friends from edot

Post by Flapjack » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 am

I remember shit posting a lot. I wish more people would have tried to correct me. It was fun to speak to some of you guys, though. I thought I was spiritually wise, for some reason. I was and still am, in reality, an idiot. I used to trip out on DXM like every weekend and smoke a crap ton of weed. I never actually tried entheogens other than mushrooms twice in my life and some other random crap like kratom and other things I don't remember. I haven't smoked weed in probably more than a year. Maybe two years. I don't know. I don't like to drink anymore, either. I don't do any drugs at all anymore, except an energy drink every now and then. Sometimes, I feel like I want to smoke crack, get high or chug a bottle of robo, because I'm stressed out, but I never do.

I am graduating from some shit hole state university with a master's degree in physics this year in May. I've no idea what the hell I am doing with my life. My current goal is to become a data analyst. I am trying to teach myself programming and stuff for the next 4 months, so when I graduate I can at least say I am familiar with Python, R, SQL, and maybe AI, and maybe have some kind of data project idk. I don't think I can cram that much into 4 months, though. I did a thesis project for my master's that involved a lot of data analysis, but at a really novice level. It seems completely stupid and irrelevant to the world, but it did give me the idea to become a data analyst. I told my adviser that I'm not doing this irrelevant shit anymore. He said cool, just try to write up what you have. I'm good with that. Anyway, I am basically ranting, but my current status is a little stressful. I just want to analyze data at an insurance or financial company. I think that would be dope. I had a phone interview last week to be a data analyst at some insurance company in California, but they said my coding skills are not up to par. I said bitch give me two months, I can learn whatever the hell you need. It can't be that hard. They gave me two months. I hope I get it. I don't think entry level data analysts are doing serious coding, anyway. ... I don't know. Sometimes, I think I want to smoke weed again. If I get that job in Cali, I for sure will.

I applied to some government research jobs because of my physics background, but I am more interested in the financial industry. The government jobs are good, but they are hard to get into and are really invasive. My credit is jacked and I have a criminal history from years ago. If they actually want to hire someone who is a potential threat to national security, than great, but I'm not counting on it.

teeko

Post by teeko » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Whoa
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Plutarchalitea

Post by Plutarchalitea » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Congrats on the change.

Marijuana hinders me from functioning but doesn't really hurt me in a way say alcohol does.

Yet I wouldn't dare say it isn't medicinal nor not consciousness enhancing for some.

I do not reap benefits from it personally.

Slipped up with it recently. Also dab wax. Just a lazy, unproductive waste of money.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:26 pm

I actually managed to become a data analyst in the form of a consultant at the marriott, and it kind of sucked. It was definitely over hyped.

But no surprise, I lost that job due to the corona virus. But I don't really care. I am actually excited to pursue something else. I loved science and technical stuff. Data analysis is not really technical, and being a consultant is like being a full time ass kisser. It was cool, though. I just didn't feel like it was a good fit for me longterm.

I live near DC now and started smoking weed, again. You can buy it here from stores. You can even get it delivered to your door. I started smoking hella weed, again, and it's great. I was working so much that I legitimately needed to smoke weed just to escape and stop working. Smoking weed was keeping me sane.

Everything was going pretty good until corona virus. I'm not mad, though. For some reason I think some good opportunities might come out of all this. I'm not sure why I think that. I suppose it's just a feeling I have.

I hope you guys are staying safe.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:28 pm

teeko wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:39 pm
Whoa
Hey, Teeko.

MindgardenJr

Post by MindgardenJr » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Hey guys,

I just found my way back here. Used to be pretty active circa 2011-2013. I was Able to log into my old Mindgarden account, but it's all f'd up. So, new name.

It's sort of funny to come back here, as nowadays with responsibilities to my kids and job, I'm not taking journeys - it hasn't even been 4:20 on my clock for quite some time. Nonetheless, I enjoyed my time at Edot and hope that I am also among my tribe here.

Been pretty busy lately, I'm part of that slice of population that got more work due to the pandemic. In short, I'm a hospital-based physician at a large public hospital in a major US city. Luckily, the stay at home measures slowed down the spread to a pace where we can keep up. But, it's busy. What's kinda strange and alarming is how few people are coming in for other usual problems: heart failure, heart attacks, strokes - we are seeing like 1/4 the volume. And I'm sure those things are still happening out in our patients. This is gonna kill plenty of people beyond direct infection.

Stay safe, y'all.
If you have and health questions, I'll take a crack at it. Though nothing too specific or personal.

So, hello and hail to Edot-ers.
Hope you are still just as beautifully crazy as before

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:14 am

Decided to delete
Last edited by Flapjack on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 pm

The software engineering position ended up being a scam.

So, apparently, there are fake job offers using real company names that are scams.
This scam was not so obvious. There was a fake interview, fake cover letter and fake manager I was regularly in contact with.
They sent me a check to purchase office supplies to begin working remote.
The check turned out to be fraudulent.
The pretend manager wanted a receipt of the check.
So, I'm guessing they would have used the receipt to maybe access my bank account.
I'm not really sure.

There were no clear red flags other than the interview being too easy and involving only answering a few questions via email.
That was a red flag, but everything else seemed legit.
I just noticed the HR guy had a gmail account. That should have been a red flag.
However, this was a response to an actual job add I had applied to for an actual company.
It wasn't like a random job opening I had never seen before. So, that convinced me that it could be legit.
I was definitely suspicious but thought I'd give it a shot. I at least had enough sense not to quit my other job.

I realize the above post makes me look foolish now, but I'll leave it up unadulterated.
This is definitely a sobering experience for me.