McTrumpsterino

This is where to discuss the legality of entheogens, entheogen law, anarchy, politics, etc.
Flapjack

McTrumpsterino

Post by Flapjack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:47 pm

Hey, guys.

I'm wondering what are your opinions on Mr. McTrumpet?

Personally, I think he should have acted sooner and taken more responsibility with this corona virus thing, but other than that I for the most part was happy with what he was doing. The economy was booming. Even a fucktard like myself was able to get a good job.

During Obama's presidency. all anyone was saying was that there weren't any jobs. All my peers were saying things like I spent 100k on my education and I still can't find a job. He actually changed all that. I can directly attribute the job that I got to Donald Trump's policies on immigration. Since my job was in IT, if it wasn't for his immigration policies, it would have gone to an Indian dude, and I know that for sure. It's not an assumption. I can share that information if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, I can now directly attribute the loss of the job I had to Donald Trump's handling of the corona virus. I think if we did everything we're doing now back in January, we would probably be in a much better situation right now.

Corona virus sucks.

aqualung42

Re: McTrumpsterino

Post by aqualung42 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:45 pm

I'm with you on this. I think he's doing an alright job. By cutting off the endless stream of foreign labor he's making labor scarce thereby driving up wages. I made 90k last year in construction. He's also been trying to get manufacturing back from china. Hopefully after this corona virus fiasco, the wisdom of that becomes more apparent to the rest of america. All said I give him a B+. I feel his critics are too hung up on his language. He tends to speak in a working class vernacular and that irrittates to no end the educated classes. The division in this country as it stands now appears to be between those who'd rather look right and be wrong and those that would rather be right and look wrong.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:02 am

The only thing that is a little scary is how aggressively he defends himself, even when he is wrong. He clearly dropped the ball on handling the corona virus, which I don't entirely blame him for. No one was really sure what the heck was going on and when it got out of control, it happened super fast. But, the fact that he can't admit that he should have acted sooner and aggressively attacks people who bring it up is a little scary.

Up until that I didn't have any problems with him. It's obvious someone dropped the ball. I'm not solely blaming Trump because Trump doesn't run the world, but looking at the numbers, it's painfully obvious we didn't do everything right. It's crazy that he can't admit it.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:48 am

I hated the briefing today. It was all gossip and him arguing and blatantly lying and dodging questions.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 pm

This photo is so weird. I don't get how he thought it was a good idea to show a montage of stuff he did and didn't do. Is this not really odd? Even if the media is biased against him, this doesn't seem like an appropriate response during a national emergency. And the fact of the matter is that he dropped the ball. He didn't "do everything right." If that were the case, we wouldn't have millions of people infected. But he is so adamant about rewriting the history and covering up his mistake that he pulled this crazy stunt out of his ass instead of just telling the truth.

This photo shows him gloating over himself while our country is being torn apart by this virus. I don't solely blame him for the current struggle we are facing. After all, the real culprit is the virus itself, and if China did such an amazing job, how did the whole planet become infested with this thing? But how is this an appropriate response amidst it all?

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Agreed he's a bit over the top in his self defense, but the media is even more over the top in their attacks. I'm not sure I'd say he dropped the ball on wuhan virus. He closed the border with china in mid january over the vociferous objections of the democrats who said it was racist. Keep in mind mid january WHO was still saying there was no evidence of human to human transmission. The WHO dropped the ball, and the rest of the world was caught with it's pants down. Our deaths per million people is actually about middle of the road, globally.

I'm still with him for now. Handled it better than Obama handled ebola, and hopefully he will use this to bring more jobs back home as well as bring our troops back home. We'll see.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Flapjack wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 pm
This photo is so weird. I don't get how he thought it was a good idea to show a montage of stuff he did and didn't do. Is this not really odd?

He has to highlight it because the media won't tell the truth about any of it. They have/will lie, cheat and steal to make him look bad. He's often, if not always misquoted, which is then used to attribute bad intentions. Take Charlottesville for instance. It was a rally called "unite the right". It was a rally to stop the removal of historic statues of Confederate leaders. There were some white nationalists there, but there were also some run of the mill conservatives. Just as for the counter protest there were run of the mill liberals as well as anarcho-communist black block agitators. He says in the a briefing he condemns the white nationalists, and says there were wonderful people on both side, because there were, and the media ignores the first and claims he called white nationalists wonderful people.
Flapjack wrote:
And the fact of the matter is that he dropped the ball. He didn't "do everything right." If that were the case, we wouldn't have millions of people infected. But he is so adamant about rewriting the history and covering up his mistake that he pulled this crazy stunt out of his ass instead of just telling the truth.
Mistakes were made, certainly. And I'm certain he made a few. But what about nancy pelodi telling everyone to go celebrate chinese new year in san fransisco. Or Bill DiBlassio telling everyone not to worry, and go catch a show or go out to dinner. New York City right now is the epicenter because of him. My issue with his handling of it was.he ramped up concern to slowly. I get he can lead with "we're all gonna die" in January, but by the end of February he should have made it clear that this was extremely serious. Instead he waited until the end of march.
Flapjack wrote:
This photo shows him gloating over himself while our country is being torn apart by this virus. I don't solely blame him for the current struggle we are facing. After all, the real culprit is the virus itself, and if China did such an amazing job, how did the whole planet become infested with this thing? But how is this an appropriate response amidst it all?
Well said. China didn't handle the virus well. They covered it up internally, then internationally, then lied about the numbers, then physically locked people in their homes, and now thatts over and they've freed everyone, they're getting a second wave.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:20 pm

At first I didn't mind Trump's antics. They didn't seem that insane while the economy is good and everything seemed to be going well. But now it seemed totally inappropriate. During a national emergency, I turn on the news and see him just arguing with reporters and telling everyone to shut up and stop asking questions he doesn't want to answer, and abruptly interrupts people to divert to something else, like bringing up the way he shut down travel coming from China for another 10 thousand times.

A good example is yesterday when a reporter asked him what he did about the corona virus in February and he interrupted her and started talking about what he did in January (shutting down China again) and then told her she was a disgrace and should shut up.

Like what in the hell was that? He's doing the same thing right now. I actually liked trump until all of this. He shouldn't be up there arguing and telling people to shut up during a national emergency. Even if someone asked him a stupid or biased question, the appropriate thing to do right now is to be calm and just answer the question confidently, not start arguing and telling people to shut up.

It's just totally inappropriate right now.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:27 pm

He hardly answers a single question, just diverts to the china ban thing over and over again. It's like watching a crazy person right now. What is going on?

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:41 pm

I legit lost all respect for trump after that video. I'm completely disappointed.

He had to set the record straight? If he wants to set the record straight then why doesn't he answer questions instead of deflecting everything he doesn't want to answer?

It was political garbage. Even after tens of thousands of people are dying he's still politicizing it. The stupid video was a few clips from Fox news downplaying the pandemic and then some other snippets about a few things he did in January and March, and when asked about what he did in February he started talking about the China ban back in January and told the reporter to shut up.

That was not setting the record straight. That was political brain wash. It was total garbage. This is not the time for politics. Like what in the hell was he thinking? And of course Fox news is going to downplay the pandemic. They're still downplaying it. Why would showing clips of people on Fox downplaying the virus in January be any surprise? How is that setting the record straight? He must think we are all morons.