Punk Rock

This is where to discuss the legality of entheogens, entheogen law, anarchy, politics, etc.

Re: Punk Rock

Postby Flapjack » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:08 am

Teeko's a punk fucking bitch and funds ISIS YOU SCUMBAG MOTHERFUCKER
Flapjack

Postby teeko » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Im gonna troll your facebook page so hard your butthole will be sore! Me & standard scientific-calculator are gonna RAGE!

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Postby witchammer » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:29 am

Going to see the buzzcocks and bad religion 1st and 3rd of next month
witchammer

Postby minderbinder » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:04 pm

dead kennedys are here around this time. i wonder if they're still worth it.

what goes as punk these days looks to me pretty different from what i saw in it when i was younger. nothing political, just "fuck all that crap" and "suicide amusement trip" ... :)
well, i can not guaranty that it really was about that. but all those retro fashions are just about clothes, posing and old main stream music from the time and scene. or new main stream music from that time and scene :D but i've probably just become old and bitter :)
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Postby Subversive » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Flapjack wrote:that's a cool story.

Punk is probably more of a fashion statement than anything. A lot of things become a fashion statement. I wonder if the burka will become a fashion statement. You see that the crucifix has become a fashion statement, and the head dress that the indians wear. Both are considered sacred, but are worn, probably, more commonly as fashion accessories. The word Punk is probably more commonly defined as a kind of attire or way of presenting yourself rather than a way of perceiving the world.

I couldn't disagree more with your characterization of "punk" as a fashion statement. I consider myself to be a "punk" and, like most other punk types I associate with, do not give a flying fuck about fashion or dress as one might expect from a mohawked stereotype. Being a punk has *NOTHING* to do with the look. Being punk is about being true to yourself, your beliefs, and world view. I grew up on Bad Religion, The Descendents, NOFX, Guttermouth, The Unseen, Pennywise, Black Flag, and a plethora of other bands. Real punk. None of that pop-punk emo bullshit that likely resulted in your incorrect idea of what punk is.

@teeko: I think you're conflating punks with nazi-wannabe skinheads.
The only stupid questions are those that go unasked
Subversive

Previous

Return to Politically Incorrect