Punk Rock

This is where to discuss the legality of entheogens, entheogen law, anarchy, politics, etc.

Punk Rock

Postby teeko » Tue May 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Punks...funny word. PUNKS punk PUNK pun-k, Pun Crock. :mrgreen:

"Punks", college kids and "punk rock" always talking about fascism.

Well, heres my simple take on punks and fascism.

Punkism:

"Punk is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism... Punks seek to unify their nation through a totalitarian state that promotes the mass mobilization of the national community, relying on a vanguard party to initiate a revolution to organize the nation on Punk principles."

No? Am I wrong? Did I miss something that the 'punks' were/are trying to force upon me? Seems that the majority of 'punk rock' is about BEING A FASCIST.

Argue?

No?

Yes?

Maybe?

Just make sure your wearing your ass flap and studs or else you wont fit in with the punks and the punks will call you a threat to national security and imprison you. :ugeek:

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Re: Punk Rock

Postby DrIraZ_Jr » Tue May 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Maybe wearing steal toed Converse boots would help me fit in with them.
DrIraZ_Jr

Postby teeko » Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 am

DrIraZ_Jr wrote:Maybe wearing steal toed Converse boots would help me fit in with them.

Is that real? :shock: :D

I probably listen to too much punk rock and its rotting my brain.

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Postby witchammer » Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 pm

just not wanting to be like everybody else.
witchammer

Postby Jungle cat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:12 pm

I know this will show my age, but I was around in London when punk started and it was deffinately not a fascist movement. Quite the opposite because we were anti establishment. I am quite horrified to see from your post that punk is now a fascist group, I was hanging out with people like the Sex Pistols and X-ray Specs and many other bands that were even better but never become famous at the Roxy in a London, we were all as anarchist as you can get in those days.
Jungle cat

Postby Flapjack » Mon May 04, 2015 8:39 pm

that's a cool story.

Punk is probably more of a fashion statement than anything. A lot of things become a fashion statement. I wonder if the burka will become a fashion statement. You see that the crucifix has become a fashion statement, and the head dress that the indians wear. Both are considered sacred, but are worn, probably, more commonly as fashion accessories. The word Punk is probably more commonly defined as a kind of attire or way of presenting yourself rather than a way of perceiving the world.
Flapjack

Postby minderbinder » Wed May 06, 2015 5:51 am

Punk is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism

Uh? Oh? Did i miss something? When i was ... err, younger, it was anything but fascist.
Maybe also not that ultra-idealistic-dogmatic-anti-fascism-set-up it is today here in g-land, but not fascist at all, but maybe as a pose.
In the opposite, one always had to watch out for bloody marbles-heads.

But then again, it wasn't called Punk-"Rock" then. The term Punk-"Rock" gives me a feeling of allergia, meanwhile :)

Been thinking (and stupidly blustering) for the last 20 years or so what to take Punk for. Guess it was a result of the completely fake-hippified society, commercial Bombast-Rock and Disco and so on,
so a little controversial glorification of violence for fun and offending people with nazi-insignia and other stuff like that was a good "joke", imho. Back when i was finally old enough i enjoyed that misanthropic and self-destructionist attitude best - in the scope of a terribly false and mawkish ghost of bought hippie-zombiism of a Spirit of the age:)

But i'm no authority in this, These are just my personal and lived mistakings i had on the theme. In 1976 i was nine, so i can't take on with others here ... also wondering why this always so strangely upsets me - must have something to do with the lost youth of a grown up silly Billy :) :oops:
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Postby minderbinder » Tue May 19, 2015 3:51 am

... but i find it very interesting to watch how these things alter with time. or just how my awareness of things changes?
minderbinder

Postby witchammer » Thu May 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Going to bad religion in june. I saw joan jett with the who last night
witchammer

Postby minderbinder » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:30 am

nice mix, somehow :)
haven't seen many of my old heroes live, can remember only pere ubu in frankfurt last year.
oh, and the fuzztones, also there. if they count
minderbinder

Next

Return to Politically Incorrect