Dreams

This is the place to discuss issues pertaining to mental health.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

Dreams

Postby DrIraZ_Jr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:12 am

I have been dreaming a lot lately about my father who passed away this past may. In the dream we are not doing or saying anything but smoking. He stares into my eyes as he passes me the pipe. I can't stop having this dream. Every night I go to sleep and have the same dream.
DrIraZ_Jr

Re: Dreams

Postby aurora_borealis » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 pm

It all depends on what your relationship with him was like and if you currently smoke. Smoking in dreams can signify a spiritual cleansing or even an accumulation of negative thoughts/ideas/emotions. Eyes are powerful and usually are symbolic of wisdom, passion/compassion, and seeing (sensing) truth. Pipes as such can mean a means of escape or even a referral back to old-times. Since I don't know details about you or your life journey, I can only give basic explanations to the symbols presented within your dream. Perhaps, it'll help you put it into perspective for yoruself. Besides, it is best for one to interpret his or her own dreams. :)
aurora_borealis

Re: Dreams

Postby kill_blind_elite » Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 pm

To dream that you are using marijuana implies that you are trying to escape reality. Perhaps you are trying to numb some emotional or psychological pain. If someone else is using marijuana or trying to get your to use it, then it indicates a negative influence in your life. You are on the verge of losing control. Perhaps you feel that your identity and sense of self is being compromised or disrespected. The dream may also be a reflection of waking drug use. your father smoke with you often ? is there a negative conotation that sticks out in your mind about you and your father smoking ? ?

To see or smell marijuana in your dream suggests that you are experiencing an expanded sense of awareness and consciousness. You need to take advantage and draw insight from this new consciousness. The dream may also mean that you need to look on your inner strength for stimulation instead of relying on outside forces.
but like he said it all depends on your relationship with your father ... did he approve of your weed habit ? my dad was a preacher so we can have different feelings about this kind of thing . did
kill_blind_elite

Return to Mental Health