Great Depression

This is the place to discuss issues pertaining to mental health.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.
The Wrong Alice

Re: Great Depression

Post by The Wrong Alice » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Another herbal solution is St. John's Wort. Like most prescription antidepressants, it takes up to a couple of weeks of regular use to be effective, the recommended dose being around 300 milligrams twice daily. Unlike prescription chemicals, the most common side effect is nothing more than mild light sensitivity.

I've been taking it the last month or two to get me through a rough period.

May you find what you seek,
Alice
Read my BLOG or THIS if you want to know who I am. If not, you aren't allowed to click my links.

To my fellow poisoners, I offer my HERBAL. This is the only way to buy a book that gets longer after you have it.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 am

The OP never responded. I wonder why he was depressed. Usually there is a reason for it. Unless you're brain is messed up, but then that would be the reason.

flavourtrove

Post by flavourtrove » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:12 am

Avoid food with caffein
Link Removed from profile pending Mod approval

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 pm

The one thing that really helped me with depression is just crying. It sounds pretty gay, but it made my depression somehow, in someway, somewhat enjoyable. I think when you cry your brain releases endorphins or something. There is something pleasurable in sobbing. I know a lot of people can't cry, and I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but it helped a lot and still does. Not a self loathing kind of crying, though, but very compassionate. I wish I could cry like that everyday, seriously.