kanna and antidepressants

This is the place to discuss issues pertaining to mental health.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.
Boardtalk

kanna and antidepressants

Post by Boardtalk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:55 pm

I ordered a small amount of kanna from a reputable vendor who I will share if possible, as I am new here. It's effects were really wonderful for anxiety and depression. I have just reordered a larger amount and then read that it interacts negatively with anti depressants.
My problem is that I have been steered into the pharmaceutical route by my family situation and because I am a veteran I am going thru the VA, which is a nightmare of an organization.

3 weeks ago for anxiety I was prescribed Xanax, 1 mg twice per day, and 3 days ago, Remeron and Effexor, both of which I had been on for 15 years earlier in my life when I knew nothing of alternatives.
I understand now that kanna should not be taken with SSRI drugs, and I assume the Effexor, which is a SNRI drug is close enough so that I should not take kanna with the Effexor. Remeron is something I will not do long term anyway, as it puts on weight like nothing else out there, so I will definitely stop that soon.

I really am seeking advice on how to proceed here; my goal is to replace the pharmaceuticals with kanna. In my situation this seems risky, but I feel it is the right thing to do.

If I lived alone, I would just switch to kanna only, which I only recently learned was so effective for anxiety and depression.

But since I have this family pressure to go the pharmaceutical route, since I have already had 3 days of the Remeron and Effexor, I could go through the motions of taking these and simply start the kanna. The Xanax I would have to wean myself off of slowly I understand.

My question is, is it dangerous to take the kanna at the same time with the anti depressants if it would be avoidable? Or must they be strictly kept separate?

I could honestly use some input as how to proceed with this issue.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....any questions, please ask.

Thank you so much.

jbmac

Re: kanna and antidepressants

Post by jbmac » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:11 am

one pill of effexor crippled me for life, only weed reverses the problems it causes me with memory. Good luck

winwinxx11

Re: kanna and antidepressants

Post by winwinxx11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:34 am

I think it is a very good forum. It is my benefit.