How to get rid of Depression?

This is the place to discuss issues pertaining to mental health.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

Re: How to get rid of Depression?

Postby jbmac » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 am

Also, disconnect from the evil world of stupid and mean people, meditate, get high, go for a walk, listen to music
jbmac

Postby kratomking » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:35 am

I've been trying to do a lot of traditional things like meditate, focus on my breathing, certain herbs, etc. Going for a walk or some other type of physical activity usually helps me a lot as well.
kratomking

Postby witchammer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 am

High dose vitamin d rhodiola rosea
witchammer

Postby minderbinder » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:56 pm

dhea did good for me
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Postby Antonio94 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:47 am

Why this may sound bad, but I believe meditation or other method is a good way to get rid of depression. Depression happened due to some sort of distortion in our life and unless we face it, there is no way we can simply get rid depression that easily. However, meditation or other methods can be a temporary way to diverse ourselves when we can't be calm anymore. But in the end, after calming ourselves we will have to face the depression.
In the matter of meditation, I don't know how people practice it but according to my psychological teacher (he worked in this field for 15 years and he also learned about Buddhism) said that: meditation is a form of attaining higher learning, but it's also a way to see ourselves. When we sit down and do nothing, it's actually not doing anything, but rather, facing ourselves and many things we buried inside. My teacher also told me that once he joined a meditation class and there was a guy who couldn't even sit properly at all. Each time he sit, he got terrible pain and the monk/meditation master said that it happened because when he sit, he was facing his inner self, he often neglected it and therefore he couldn't sit.
That's what my teacher said so I hope this can help.
***Link Removed***
Antonio94

Postby minderbinder » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:06 am

tried low dose iboga, was surprised how strong i felt it. had respect, but tried it mainly for stimulant properties and it felt good, but i was also almost jittery so i couldn't proceed in my ususal daylie coffee-binge.
been sinking into not unpleasant, but slightly irritating dreamy, thoughtless, maybe dissociative state in the evening and was of definitely better mood for around a week afterwards.

i think, it might be helpful with depression, but even in such a low dose it felt awe-inspiring to me, so it's probably not to take lightly. at least not for me ;) maybe my level of AD-meds did come into play already, even with that homeopathic dose?

oh, btw, can't say what dose exactly , probably around 100mg powdered cameroon bark sublingualy twice that day.
minderbinder

Postby jbmac » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 am

the unmentionable weed and music and exercise helps me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jbmac

Postby minderbinder » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:52 pm

unmentionable helped here, too, but as i am, i am using it nonstop since some years again now, and the first 2 years i really felt like i was the person (whoever that may be) again i've been before (whenever that may have been) but then i successively "came down" again. sniff. but it's still better than it was without ;)
minderbinder

Postby jbmac » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm

I must use it for the rest of my life as it thins the mucus which stops me from coughing up after eating, and for many other health reasons
jbmac

Postby minderbinder » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:38 am

sorry to hear that ... but the medication could be worse ;)
minderbinder

Next

Return to Mental Health