I feel old...

This is the place to share exercise tips.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

I feel old...

Postby lost » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:53 pm

I was lucky enough to pinch my sciatica nerve in my left leg that made it almost impossable to move. Streching was the mode to release the nerve and I can feel the healing daily get better. When people ask me why I am limping many have had the same issue at one point in time, funny. I just need to remember to strech before going to bed at night so it won't happen again the same way. I also need to find a herbal muscle relaxer so I won't need to use the doctor perscribed meds. I am thinking that it may be time to dig up some of the valerian root from the garden.
lost

Re: I feel old...

Postby GK77 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 pm

sciatica i think is the condition not the nerve. Not to nit pick, just question the doc who calls it a sciatica nerve, thats all. ;-)

I'd go with Kava or cramp bark. And a good powdered supplement of flavored magnesium should do the trick. Valerian would work, but may make you sleepy so not for work.
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0
GK77

Postby teeko » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:51 pm

I walk around like this half the time

31 years old, perfect health (so the extensive physical stated a month or so ago) other than 4 depleted discs that may or may not want to fuse with each other. They are in love, what can I say? Fucking snowskates, things can be dangerous. hahaha That was 2004, paying for it with my life. Regrets? Fuck no, Ill hop off that tree and bash that fence and launch 20 feet straight up again and again. I just wouldnt put my hands down this time. hahahha

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Postby BiffCo1138 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:28 pm

I walked up on a car full of kids last night that was in the parking lot of where I work (I thought one of them was my boss's son and I wanted his help in the shop). As Im walking up to the car I realize that it's a bunch of high school kids that I don't recognize. They stared at me like I was some adult that was coming to lecture them about loitering or something. As I made the motion for them to roll down there window I felt like there was the tone of "make your move old man". I'm twenty fucking seven damn it. They thought I was a square or something. I feel old now.

Of course I yelled at them to get off my yard while spraying them with the garden hose. whipper-snappers!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein
BiffCo1138

Postby Capsaicin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Taoist believe after the age 30 our bodies begin to die. If we don't eat the right foods,herbs,meditation,breathing and exercising then we are only helping the onset of death.

I'm thankful to my genes that I look young. But that has happened to me as well when I was using the computer room at the community center. There were some children and they were talking to me and I was making them laugh because I had some indigenous Indian (from India ) music going. Then the supervisor or whomever comes in and yells out, "leave that man alone" . I felt old because he considered me a man and most people mistaken me for an late age teen.
"The white man says, there is freedom and justice for all. We have had "freedom and justice," and that is why we have been almost exterminated. We shall not forget this. " -Tecumseh
Capsaicin

Postby relaxing » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 am

Its ok Teeko, I walk around that the other half! :lol: after bike crashes, broken bones and ankles... 56 years of punishment... hope you live dude!

teeko wrote:I walk around like this half the time

31 years old, perfect health (so the extensive physical stated a month or so ago) other than 4 depleted discs that may or may not want to fuse with each other. They are in love, what can I say? Fucking snowskates, things can be dangerous. hahaha That was 2004, paying for it with my life. Regrets? Fuck no, Ill hop off that tree and bash that fence and launch 20 feet straight up again and again. I just wouldnt put my hands down this time. hahahha
relaxing

Postby minderbinder » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:37 am

kind of ironic private joke i liked to make was like: Oh, don't worry, becoming 30 isn't that bad, you just won't be able to walk anymore.
kind of lame joke, i know and no one seemed to understand it anyway, but reading though this i guess one or the other member here might get the picture
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Postby Cultosaurus » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:36 am

GK77 wrote:sciatica i think is the condition not the nerve. Not to nit pick, just question the doc who calls it a sciatica nerve, thats all. ;-)

It's a sad thing to say, but I fell on my ass 11 years ago, real hard on slick rocks. It took over a year for it to show up and require some testing. The MRI showed that I had 3 crushed disks in my back, one severely. It was the disk where the sciatic nerve goes out. It will cause severe pain in my butt cheek on most days and some days it will go all down my leg and into my foot.

I've always called it sciatica, based on the fact that it is a pinched sciatic nerve. I've read of others that have sciatica too, most notably Peter Ustinov.

it really is a pain in the ass . .. .. . :lol:
Cultosaurus

Return to Exercise