What's your workout routine?

This is the place to share exercise tips.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.
Capsaicin

Re: What's your workout routine?

Post by Capsaicin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm starting this new routine soon where I will get a minimum 1 hour (60 minutes ) of walking in the day. Hopefully it gets to be outside even in a bad winter. It is important for the blood to flow with exercise.

As for my strength training.

I have a door way pull up bar and a bench press.

4-5 sets of bench pressing once a that particular muscle day

4-5 sets of pull ups that particular day

4-5 triceps on that particular ( I get a chair that is about the same height as the bench of the bench press unit and do dips.

And just about everyday I work out my abdomen muscles. Mainly with grass hoppers and mountain climbers

And bicycling is my main mode of transportation. During my strength training I do the horse stance in between sets if I'm not too tired. It took about 2 months but I was only able to do 90 something max on the bench press and now I am at 124. My goal is to bench press my own weight and if I feel up for it 200. Just looking to get toned like Bruce lee.
"The white man says, there is freedom and justice for all. We have had "freedom and justice," and that is why we have been almost exterminated. We shall not forget this. " -Tecumseh

cochisewolf

Post by cochisewolf » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:40 am

Sounds like a good plan, I like the element of variety in it. Helps me stay focused if things are changing up a lot. Wonder if it would help things to do things that increase circulation. In another thread I learned things like ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, ginko bilboa etc help with that. Seems to me more blood, more oxygen to the muscles being stressed.
I indulged myself in the various religions and philosophies but cheerfulness kept breaking through
- Leonard Cohen

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no class ...
- Unknown Poet

Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:18 pm

According to a Bill Nye episode I saw on the lungs. The pain we get in our muscles if when we aren't getting sufficient oxygen to them. So I guess technically we can work them out until we are tired. Hmm that same doctor in show mentioned that is important that we get an hours worth of physical activity a day. Our ancestors, I'm sure exercised or worked a heck lot more than the modern western human. Time to catch up.
"The white man says, there is freedom and justice for all. We have had "freedom and justice," and that is why we have been almost exterminated. We shall not forget this. " -Tecumseh

cochisewolf

Post by cochisewolf » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Yeah definitely. Before this Lupus nonsense I used to walk 5 or 6 miles a day at least. You not only get a physical workout but you get a social and mental workout as well. New sights and sounds, people interaction etc. I got to start that up again, well not 5 or 6 miles but something.

Lupus gives me these bouts of fatigue. The strange thing is to combat it I have to get active, if I sit around it gets worse. Not sure why that is, seems kind of counter intuitive. Another kuel thing about exercise is that no matter what it makes me feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day. Even if I haven't. I can always say well at least I worked out a little bit. It's a positive mindset. I don't know if working out makes people live longer but I'm pretty certain it makes them happier or at least more content.

Okay I'm revved up now!! Oh, a poker tournament's starting, where did I put my smokes ....

Now to turn the good plan into some action that's always the hardest part ...
I indulged myself in the various religions and philosophies but cheerfulness kept breaking through
- Leonard Cohen

- Unknown Poet

Vor33t3x

Post by Vor33t3x » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:58 am

My workouts are pretty limited because of the lymes, but I like to do tippy-toe squats and a few limited isometric poses to keep things in shape. I find the squats to be great for strengthening the entire lower body as well as coordinating great balance, and the isometrics work out the entire upper body.. and as it is initiated by deep core breathing, oxygen to the muscles and in the lungs is never a problem. Even just one correctly done pose a day can have incredible results, a top-notch exercise in my book! I blew the bursa out in my left wrist about 6 months ago so exercises like pushups and freeweights are out of the question. I haven't yet tried to do pullups... if I am able I'd love to work that into my day!
If anyone has experience with isos I'd love to share thoughts

cochisewolf

Post by cochisewolf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:30 am

Hmm, that's a good thought. Hadn't considered that. Also those hand grip things might be a good idea especially for those of us chained to their computers every waking moment. I did isometrics for a while in the past. They did indeed seem to build up muscles but not for any duration. Not sure why that would be. I'd also be interested in hearing any insights on that topic.

My supervisor at work swears on yoga. She says it's vastly improved her attitude, stamina etc. I don't know if I'm up for that but I'm looking at T'ai Chi Ch'uan which looks like a sort of overall low impact high yield physical and mental building undertaking. I took some Choy Lee Fut in the once upon a time which is pretty kick ass and highly recommended if you're in shape. I was fortunate to find a full contact club. I regret not running into that art before the health problems set in.
- Leonard Cohen

- Unknown Poet

verybestsalvia

Post by verybestsalvia » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 am

I daily woke up early in the morning except Sunday and do some cardio exercise and go to gym in evening three days in a week and do sets with heavy weights. I eats green vegetables, also non-veg and drink lots of water.

orinn

Post by orinn » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:18 pm

In my opinion, the best workout is with a kettlebell, check it out on youtube if you dont already know what it is.

they work the whole body so you end up looking really lean and mean instead of a musclehead which girls dont dig anyway.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 pm

They told me to get girls just put a potato in my pants. I tried this but my problem with women become even worse as now they are actually RUNING away from me!
Last edited by witchammer on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Edit -------OK I found out what the problem was. It turns out I was supposed to put the potato in the FRONT!