What's your workout routine?

This is the place to share exercise tips.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

Re: What's your workout routine?

Postby cochisewolf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:10 am

witchammer wrote:Edit -------OK I found out what the problem was. It turns out I was supposed to put the potato in the FRONT!

LOL ... doh! Minor detail. Thanks mate, needed a laugh just then. The thing with women is just finding the right opening line. I've found, even when not being in the best of shape the following to work rather well:

Hi, I'm extremely wealthy, do you like coke? ...
I indulged myself in the various religions and philosophies but cheerfulness kept breaking through
- Leonard Cohen

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no class ...
- Unknown Poet
cochisewolf

Postby witchammer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:02 pm

you would have got me with that one
witchammer

Postby Capsaicin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 pm

LOL witch

orinn wrote:In my opinion, the best workout is with a kettlebell, check it out on youtube if you dont already know what it is.

they work the whole body so you end up looking really lean and mean instead of a musclehead which girls dont dig anyway.

I think Gymnast have the best build. But as for your comment about the musclehead thing, I'm no girl but my friend didn't really become one but he mainly works out his chest and arms. And he has been very fortunate with the girls.

True story, I was with him at a dance club and we headed out for the patio so he can smoke and we can collect our thoughts and discuss which women we liked there. As we were talking I see a couple with their arms around each other come outside. It looked as though they were dancing or even a couple. Well the woman pulled out her purse and let go of the guy but the guy still had his arm around her shoulder. I kid you not, after getting her ciggs she looked up and saw my friend. Right away she removed that guys arm and walked over to my friend asking for a light. My friend was being cool, just smoking and not really being interested in her. And that guy hung out next her for a good 5 minutes before he realized that she was done with him and moved on to my friend.

My friend is a good looking guy. I mainly attribute this to the muscle mass he gained from weight lifting. Also he is like 6 ft and I know girls also like tall guys.
"The white man says, there is freedom and justice for all. We have had "freedom and justice," and that is why we have been almost exterminated. We shall not forget this. " -Tecumseh
Capsaicin

Postby andrlion » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 am

GK77 wrote:Omega-3 fatty acids, > 1000mg/d
CoQ10 ~ 100-200 mg/d. (look for Ubiquinol rather than ubiquinone is possible and can afford it (Kaneka Co of Japan was able to synthesize and stabilize this endogenous compound). Ubiquinol has better absorption and plasma levels = increased metabolic energy (ATP) levels.
Sulbutiamine (thiamine analog) on workout days (1-2 grams dose at start of day)

For building and anabolic training I eat ~1000 calories more than my BMR. Workout varies depending on targets I want to bulk at the time. Within 30 minutes post workout have 20 grams of protein. More has shown no clinical advantage even in large body builders. Follow this with a refined carb to produce an insulin spike for increased anabolism. Protein and creatine supplements are effective in increasing muscle growth.

For cutting and definition I eat ~500 less than my BMR.

For maintenance:
Resistance training includes 150 pushups/day, 45 pullups/day, biceps curls and lateral raises. Weekends off is OK for me, YMMV.
I run or walk the including a causeway (4 miles) about 3 x per week.
Energy intake for maintenance should be ~1.3 x your BMR. More if you are very active, less if you are sedentary.

All diets should be well rounded, colorful and fresh. Focus on lean proteins but occasional fatty meats are OK as well. Eat a variety of vegetables and complex carbohydrates. Limit sweets, and refined carboydrates, except following an intense lifting session. (see above note). Dont bother counting calories, but try and keep track of your protein grams. Protein supplements are useful when building and cutting, as protein intake should be reasonably high during these periods. Grams of protein should be ~2.0 per kg of body weight, more or less as needed. Not for long term.

This is my basic routine, and may or may not work for you, depending on your size, labs, activity levels etc.

well , yeah it’s cool it’s better than doing nothing :)
andrlion
andrlion

Postby eithan0693 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:02 am

This is a thread from 2013..
eithan0693

Postby jbmac » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 am

How I got into shape, a stupid doctor in California gave me Effexor, one pill, 2 hours later seizure then paralasis, quickly I recovered but every muscle twitched violently for weeks, moving my arms and legs into new positions and after a month I stopped twitching but was amazed at how toned all my muscles were, trying to put a positive spin on the hell California Kaiser docs and big pharma did to me.
jbmac

Previous

Return to Exercise