Sauna

This is the place to share exercise tips.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

Sauna

Postby Nikola » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 am

Lately been under a lot of work related stress and been killing the stress with a few beers daily.

So I decided to make sauna a daily habit instead of beer. And it works. Kills the stress like nothing else.
This alone will lead to weight loss of course.

However, I've been reading a bit on the web and some sources say saunas burn calories (up to 600 per session).
Doesn't seem very true to me...
Anyone here likes to go to saunas? Perhaps does it on a regular basis and notices some benefits other than huge stress relief?
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"
Nikola

Re: Sauna

Postby teeko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Now that I moved, I just walk outside into natures sauna called SE Florida. :)

Going from the thick hot humid air into cool water (like a sauna then to the pool) can rip the nasty right out of you quick. Love it.

Nothing beats a sauna and hot tub in the mountains though. Going from the sauna out into a snow storm then down into the hot tub to drink cold beers as snowflakes pelt your face and your body is constantly trying to react to the different temps...oh how I miss those day sometimes.

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Re: Sauna

Postby Nutchalida » Thu May 03, 2018 2:39 am

The content on this site is something I never knew before. I've had the chance to read it. It is new knowledge for me.
Nutchalida

Return to Exercise