This is the place to share exercise tips.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

Postby Capsaicin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I recently began integrating daily self massages. Haven't felt much of a difference but it feels good that I'm providing some stimulation to help circulation etc

Usually when I wake up a give myself some Qi gong messages I've recently learned. It consist of me massaging some meridian points on my foot,stomach,ribs,kidneys and shoulders. And after a hard work out or whenever my body cries out for it.

Those foot massage machines are cool as well. But I've seen a Chinese manual one which looks like corn cobs but can used all over the body. For as much work our feet use they should definitely be stimulated.
"The white man says, there is freedom and justice for all. We have had "freedom and justice," and that is why we have been almost exterminated. We shall not forget this. " -Tecumseh

Re: Massage

Postby Nikola » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Massage is awesome. I'm a massage therapist.
Nothing beats a regular massage session, no self massage, no machines, just go and get one (if it's not too expensive, here in Serbia it's about 10 EUR for an hour).
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

Postby alexander143 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:12 am

Massage is really wonderful when it comes to healthy skin and muscles. I used to massage my body with a herbal oil named argan oil and it gets me outstanding results. My skin got more healthy and softer. I don't spend much time on massaging, just take few drops of this oil and simply massage my legs, hands and face for couple of minutes.
Last edited by alexander143 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Arnold2 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:12 am

Massage typically use their finger tips and hands for massage but may also use their arms, forearms and even feet. It helps to balance the nervous system by relaxing or exciting it, based on which effect is needed.

Postby jbmac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 am

I must massage my tummy and chest to digest food properly due to restrictions in my sinus cavities

Return to Exercise