Fasting, it's benefits and drawbacks...

This is the place to discuss a healthy diet.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

Fasting, it's benefits and drawbacks...

Postby ADeeperSilence » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:21 pm

I've fasted a few times before, usually 3 days to a week, nothing longer.
The week included a 12 hour 'black fast' (no water) at it's ...apex.

I know there's been studies done showing that not eating every other day (regardless of the amount eaten on 'eating days' prolongs life. In mice at least, though we may presume the same to be true for humans.

"How Intermittent Fasting Might Help You Live a Longer and Healthier Life" ~ Scientific American
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... hier-life/

One of the noteworthy aspects to fasting I found was to highlight the energy drains and possible unhealthy influences from various things around the house that I otherwise may not have noticed, had my health been better and less sensitive due to not fasting.

For instance, during a fast, being online or in front of a PC would make me queasy and nauseous.
Normally, I wouldn't have noticed, but maybe with my defenses down, it was telling me of something that's wearing away at my immune system, without me knowing.

Does this make sense?

What have been your experiences with fasting,
and do you plan on any in the future?

Thanks.
ADeeperSilence

Re: Fasting, it's benefits and drawbacks...

Postby jbmac » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Do not drink any alcohol if you are fasting, I drank 1 bud beer on a day where I did not eat and got falling down drunk and hit my head and had to be hospitalized! One beer!
jbmac

Postby Terontoy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:32 am

We want you to have the initiative.
Terontoy

Postby Lisasmith » Mon May 21, 2018 2:14 am

Fasting has numerous health benefits, including weight loss, lower blood pressure and reduced cholesterol.Vigorous fasting can lead to Low blood sugar level, fatigue and it can also cause bloating, diarrhea, caffeine dependency, reduced energy, hunger pangs, heartburn, brain fog, and headaches
Lisasmith

Return to Diet