Milk Thistle

This is the place to discuss a healthy diet.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

Re: Milk Thistle

Postby minderbinder » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:57 pm

ouch
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Re: Milk Thistle

Postby verybestsalvia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:17 am

feral wrote:Just wondering what people know about milk thistle.

For liver protection, is extract best? Does anybody know the actives we are looking for in the extract?

I would like to not use an extract.

From what I've read the seeds are mainly used but I don't know how many you would need. I guess just eating them is the way to go.

Then there is the case of phytoestrogens in milk thistle. I've also always wondered about phytoestrogens. There are conflicting views on this. There are possible adverse effects on men due to their structure being similar to estrogen but there's also at least one study suggesting that there is no affect. I also read some where that cancer risk is increased with milk thistle. Don't really know what to think. Soya has phyto's and it's widely consumed but you also hear that fertility in the population is getting worse.

I know that milk thistle is useful in liver disease. But I have no knowledge about its other use. Thanks for sharing its other use.
verybestsalvia

Previous

Return to Diet