The Eating Conundrum

This is the place to discuss a healthy diet.
Forum rules
All information posted in this forum is the opinion of the member posting it and should not be used as a substitution for professional advice.

The Eating Conundrum

Postby Flapjack » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:25 pm

This was brought up on the forums before. I've often found myself eating with a sense of guilt. I feel guilty for having to eat, but how am I not suppose to eat? Thought about fasting, maybe being a vegan or something, but I don't want to sacrifice my health. So why do I feel this way? It kind of feels like stealing something small, or like killing a small animal of somesort. Even if it's not meat, just a bowl of cereal or something, sometimes I will be stricken with a sense of guilt for eating it.

Devotees of the Lord are released from this sin, because they eat food which is offered first for sacrifice. Others prepare food for self gratification, and verily eat only sin; as thieves enjoying their spoil. (Gita)

The Bible illustrates something similar. I'm not sure how to offer something for sacrifice, or how God is able to ingest food, but I think it implies that you are suppose to eat it for the Lord, before the Lord, after the Lord, and with the Lord. I think it's just suppose to be shared somehow.
Flapjack

Re: The Eating Conundrum

Postby teeko » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 am

Kill your own food and the feeling of guilt towards eating will leave.

If we can 'prove' that plants respond to emotion, words and actions - then why do people still say that plants cannot 'feel'? How do they say that fish cannot 'feel'?

I feel ya though. Killing my own meals whenever possible has changed that dread into an open belly.

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Postby nepalnt21 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:54 am

to me, those texts can be interpreted to say something along the lines of "eat for your health (spirit), not for your taste buds".
nepalnt21

Postby Flapjack » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:21 am

Eating is what causes hunger. I will never eat again.
Flapjack

Postby flickedbic » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:37 pm

I guess you could subsist on sunlight and water if you started practicing the HRM sungazing method.

http://solarhealing.com/about/
http://solarhealing.com/process/
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.
flickedbic

Postby Flapjack » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 am

Why was I such a faggot? I'm making like 15k a year now so I can splurge on McDonalds. I needed to be worrying about getting a good job and making money, not stupid shit like eating cereal. Wtf? You stupid bitch. Now you're almost 30 and you don't have shit except some stupid degree that's prob going to land you nowhere. You blew it. You wasted your time.
Flapjack

Return to Diet