Ubulawu Nomathotholo?

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
DrIraZ

Ubulawu Nomathotholo? -

Post by DrIraZ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:24 pm

Yesterday I came across a reference to Ubulawu Nomathotholo while doing some research on a related matter. I know only the small bit that Erowid has to say about it, which is in an article about the good doctor Shulgin. By my understanding, it's a combination of plants, which is/was used in Southern Africa. If anyone has any info about it, or better yet can help me find some, please let me know. I have no idea of it's legality here in the States other than what a good friend of mine told me, that only five plants are illegal here, and it's not one of the five. It has been banned in South Africa, though, because it was so helpful. At least that's what the article at Erowid said. Thanks for your time and interest! I think the interest will increase after you read about it.

zubsza

Re: Ubulawu Nomathotholo? -

Post by zubsza » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:47 pm

I don't think that it is a plant based medicine. I think that it REPLACED plant based medicines or various reasons, and actualy just an RC. Here is the sources that lead me to beleive this:
www.tacethno.com/info/2cb/2cbhistory.html
and
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/psychedelics/164961.html

DrIraZ

Re: Ubulawu Nomathotholo? -

Post by DrIraZ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:52 pm

Thanks, Zub. I am off to read.

botanicalguides

Re: Ubulawu Nomathotholo?

Post by botanicalguides » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Wikipedia used to mention that 2c-b was found in the fever tree ( and it had an academic source to back up that statement ) but they have since removed those statements. I think someone took it down to protect the legality of fever tree ( Acacia xanthophloea ) I'm certain that's where it comes from but you can't find it anywhere on the internet. Like I said, it was once on wikipedia and now its underground knowledge. I'm just saying this for research purposes, not to encourage illegal or dangerous behavior. 2c-b is extremely illegal. At any rate there are probably only really small amounts of it in the bark.

Recluse

Post by Recluse » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:36 pm

I would think it extremely unlikely that it is a natural product. One seldom finds brominated aromatic hydrocarbons in nature. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere the non-brominated species (2,5 dimethoxy phenethylamine) MIGHT possibly be biosynthesized, but again the 2, 5 substitution seems rare with most natural products coming from catecholamines (3,4 substitution) though, of course, Mescaline has the 3,4,5 substitution.

botanicalguides

Post by botanicalguides » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:44 am

just what I read, but it did have credible sources cited. I asked the neurosoup girl and she ignored me. I know she saw my message though because it said "seen at x:xx" on facebook.

botanicalguides

Post by botanicalguides » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:45 am

thank you for your reply I was waiting for someone to respond with their thoughts on the matter.