caapi extract

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
eva

caapi extract

Post by eva » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:31 am

Hi, I'm a new member but long time reader, glad to finally register. I don't know if there are many
caapi enthusiast here or not, but I've had always had problems getting my caapi brew just right, however, recently had much success over the weeks using a "pure alkaloid caapi extract" (just google to find them) of about 280mg, liked it so much, began using it every 2 weeks, have fallen in love with caapi since then. Anyone else had any experience with caapi ? I can't believe it took me this many years to discover the wonderful entheogenic plant, my favorite now of all the plant teachers.

entheogenic-gnosis

Re: caapi extract

Post by entheogenic-gnosis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:07 am

I have never used Caapi extract, but I often brew tea from the vine. I prefer red Caapi (banisteriopsis colorada mckenna strain) or yellow (cielo) caapi

It is rare that I will use Caapi alone though, normally acacia confusa or diplopterys cabrerana are added to my brews.

Peganum harmala seeds contain roughly the same compounds as Caapi, only if your brewing a tea they take much less time (in my experiance) plus you only have to use about 3 grams of seed per 1 person brew.

I don't know if anything ive said was helpful, but I'm definantly a Caapi enthusiast.

(It is also possible to preform your own extracts from banisteriopsis Caapi or peganum harmala)

You said it was a "pure alkaloid extract" does it tell you which alkaloid? Harmine? Harmaline? Or is it a total alkaloid extract? You figure they wouldn't say pure if it was total alkaloid extract, meaning it contains all the harmala alkaloids from the plant instead of just one pure compound.

-E. Borodin

eva

Post by eva » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi entheogenic-gnosis.

Just google the words "pure alkaloid caapi extract" or something like that, it's a 280mg extract that contains
140mg harmine, 130mg tetrahydroharmine, and 10mg harmaline, I know when I took it I could feel the prescence of the vine nearly all day due to the purity and quality of the natural ingredients in it, most extracts on the market are rip offs and only have harmine or harmaline, but his was top quality as it had a high percentage of THH, they had lab reports posted to prove it I believe, they had a vine extract and a leaf extract from what I remember, about the costs of a cup of gourmet coffee, less than 5 dollars per extract, as they also sent 2 free extracts with my order, good people, they had/have weekly specials where you get 2 to 3 extracts free with each order.

eva

Post by eva » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:04 am

Read this from their faq:
Why do you only offer two products?
Back to Basics is our motto. Sure, we could offer hundreds of other products like many other Botanical places, but our two fragrances meet a market which is already saturated with gimmicks like 1:4, 20:1, 16:1..caapi extracts.etc. This has been going on for decades, with no end in sight. None of these other businesses even bothered to once perform a lab analysis of their product. Many of these caapi extracts are super over-priced, have been found to contain miniscule amounts of tetrahydroharmine, all of them appear to be non-standardized. We take our two extracts very seriously with pain-stacking attention to quality and standardization, extracting from the finest caapi and using all natural solvents, taking days to arrive at the final high quality standardized pure alkaloid extract, all in the goal to provide 98 to 99% clone of the beginning Peruvian Yellow Cielo Master Mother Vine.

entheogenic-gnosis

Post by entheogenic-gnosis » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:30 am

So its total alkaloid from gold banisteriopsis Caapi, sounds great. Ill for sure look into it as I want to try extract with my ACRB brew instead of brewing in peganum harmala seeds or swallowing 3 grams of harmala seeds about 15 minutes before the ACRB tea.

Are you using the Caapi extract by itself?

-E. Borodin