Myrrh Terpenes

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
SunShower

Myrrh Terpenes

Post by SunShower » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Are myrrh terpen isolates still available from any vendors online? I've been searching like crazy, but so far have only been able to find a 5:1 extract

witchammer

Re: Myrrh Terpenes

Post by witchammer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:48 pm

I would like to know too.

flickedbic

Post by flickedbic » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:30 pm

I recall stumbling upon it a month or two ago at Ivy League Botanicals; but checking their website today and it's down... anyone know what's up?

However I read you can make your own alcohol extract of similar potency very simply:

"Supplies needed:
-Myrrh, crushed to a powder
-Cheesecloth or other cloth to strain with
-Vodka, or everclear (high purity ethyl alcohol. Isopropyl may work, haven't tried it)
-A glass jar with lid
-A glass baking dish
-Time, effort, and love!

-Just dump your crushed myrrh into the jar and pour vodka over it. If your jar is half full of myrrh, you want to fill it nearly to the top with vodka. Leave some space at the top for air so that you will be able to shake it more effectively.

-Tightly close the lid and shake the jar! Shake your jar at least a few times a day for about a week, the more shaking the better. If you want to accelerate the process you can soak the jar in a hot water bath; just be careful to avoid rapid heat changes which may crack the jar. (I like to send my love and intentions to the extract as it is brewing by saying a little prayer like "Thank you god for this sacred myrrh. I pray it brings me healing, joy, pleasure, etc." You can omit this step if you choose.)

-After a few days to a week, you will notice that a change has occurred in the jar. The alcohol has taken on a reddish color and the powdered myrrh has melted into what looks like a big blob of chewed up chewing gum. This means the extraction is complete. 

-Strain the gummy stuff out with your cheesecloth and save the now reddish colored alcohol. You can put the gum back in your jar and do another extract, which will yield a much smaller amount of less pure extract than the first run. 

-Pour your red vodka, which now contains the (psycho)active ingredients, into your glass baking dish. Let this evaporate at room temperature. You can blow a fan on it to speed the process. 

-Once the alcohol has completely evaporated, scrape the extract off of the dish with a razor or knife. Look at the beautiful, sparkly, translucent finished product!

This extract is probably equal in potency to the "myrrh terpene isolates" which are available online. 50 to 100mg is a good dose. It can be eaten, dissolved sublingually, smoked, or snorted. I'm on methadone maintenance, currently at 90mg a day, and tapering down, so I probably don't get much mu opiate effects from this extract. The delta opiate effects are quite noticeable though. 
20 minutes after swallowing 100mg I feel a relaxed, yet stimulated. A sensation of warm fuzziness pervades my body. Desire to smoke cigarettes is increased, and nausea is occasionally noticed, but easily relieved by laying down. It is kinda like kratom. 

Overall, this extract is cheap and easy to make. It potentiates my methadone nicely. I plan on keeping some of this in my "spice cabinet" on a regular basis. Next I'm going to try making some with hexane instead of alcohol..."- eastbae, http://herbs.mxf.yuku.com/topic/5064768 ... I5HqKNOna8
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

teeko

Post by teeko » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:41 am

I dont think Mark is producing isolated terpenes. After Tyler got shit on it doesnt seem to be readily available. I have been talking with another vendor recently about doing more research into the subject. If anything comes up I will let you know.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Koda

Post by Koda » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:21 am

What happened to Tyler exactly? Might be nice to know for others in the field. PM if best kept private.

Thank you.
http://meridianbotanicals.com - Ethnobotanical superstore featuring Kratom and 150+ unique botanicals sourced from all over the world. Certified organic, fair trade, wildharvested ingredients and near 20 unique psychoactive alchemical blends.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

I would by these terpenes by the ton right now

Jungle cat

Post by Jungle cat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:19 pm

G,day witchammer
I was thinking of having a go at making my own extract after reading here and there about myrrh. Can you please tell me what your experiences with myrrh have been like and what kind of doses etc?

pineal93

Post by pineal93 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:54 pm

very interested in this topic. i don't know if reviving threads is approved, but this is fascinating. what about myrrh extracts, say 10x/ i know this is very ambiguous terminology, but this is what I'm seeing vendors carry. As a kratom user i'm always looking for substitutes in order to manage tolerance and take smoother breaks if necessary.

kill_blind_elite

Post by kill_blind_elite » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 am

I must have done something wrong when I did it. It never produced any effects, but maybe I should just make some.

kill_blind_elite

Post by kill_blind_elite » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:26 am

Ok what type of myrr has the right terpenes ? There are over 300 species of myrr.... Flicked bic , what type did you use ?