Experience With Dan Shen, Corydalis, and Mulungu?

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
MissAmazingRachel

Experience With Dan Shen, Corydalis, and Mulungu?

Post by MissAmazingRachel » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi everyone,

My friend suffers from insomnia and has taken EVERYTHING for it. Only thing that seems to knock her out is 2mg klonopin, but, everyone knows that's really not healthy (she isn't dependent, as she never asks for them, but, dang is it tempting after a few night's of 0 sleep).

She's been playing around with herbal alternatives, and so far, all the arrows seem to point towards dan shen, corydalis, and mulungu extracts.

So, she got her hands on some and...not a dang thing. 0 things felt. She's kind of bummed out. She doesn't know what she's doing wrong, and all three came from very highly recommended sources.

Thoughts?

sputnik2

Re: Experience With Dan Shen, Corydalis, and Mulungu?

Post by sputnik2 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:22 pm

dan shen is a benzo diazepam based compound tanshinone A and B are the main actives tits not a sleep producing compound , corydalis is a pain reliever the main acrtives are isoquinoline alkaloids tetra hydro palatamine they are similar to opium amd morphine alkaloids, mulungu has a muscle relaxing type compound and relaxing compound they are flavanones I believe .

you need sedating type herbs California poppy , cat nip is another skull cap red peony, wild lettuce , ziphysus red and black pedicularis, and I could go on
hope this helps
mark brady
mjbbotanicals.com
cars are real, walls are hard and you cannot fly.
send lawyers, guns and money caus the shits gonna hit the fan

MissAmazingRachel

Re: Experience With Dan Shen, Corydalis, and Mulungu?

Post by MissAmazingRachel » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Oh?? Dang -- my friend thought that since 2mg klonopin knocks her out cold, combining benzo-like herbs would produce a similar effect...well, shite.

Oh, well, wait; guess she should add that the night after the failed herb experiments, she used the rest of her mulungu in a tea (about little over 4 tablespoons' worth of bark) and added the corydalis and dan shen, and, about 10-15 minutes after consuming the entire tea, she did indeed feel 'something' -- it's hard to put her finger on it; she definitely felt a little woozy/impaired, maybe a little 'drunk'? - and now thinks that the mulungu may very well work, in a high enough dose. Besides, she remembers reading some things about mulungu working in doses of 15g+. So, when she gets her next shipment of mulungu, she will only use the bark in the appropriate dose, and see what happens then.

(She has indeed tried skullcap, as well as passionflower, kava, and magnolia bark, uhhhh, valerian root, and ashwagandha - both alone and in combinations with each other - and nothing ever really worked...she knows it's not her body simply not taking any crap from the herbal community; my friend utilized kratom to successfully end a 5 year long heavy-duty opiate pain medication dependence, so, she KNOWS that herbs can work...)