Kratom as a fever reducer.

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
BiffCo1138

Kratom as a fever reducer.

Post by BiffCo1138 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:51 am

I got the flu this last week and I have been just miserable.... so I started experimenting. Unmentionable seems to make the symptoms worse (fever w chills and cramping) so I figured ibprofen and tylenol to reduce the fever. Neither were super effective but did make noticeable change. Kratom on the other hand (taken alone, no tylenol or ibprofen) seems to be the only thing that really impacts the fever and almost completely gets rid of the cramps and pain.

I wonder if anyone has used kratom as a flu remedy or as an effective fever reducer?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

GK77

Re: Kratom as a fever reducer.

Post by GK77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:10 pm

yes it is definitely an antipyretic. I have introduced it to my friends and family as well during illness and they all claim it is much more effective than common Pharmaceuticals such is tylenol and ibuprofen
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

Joshua_09

Re: Kratom as a fever reducer.

Post by Joshua_09 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:32 am

Kratom is a natural antipyretic that helps reducing fever. Not only fever, but it have numerous health treatments and are also used by body builders.
Last edited by cowfodder on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to product.