D. Illinoises vs leptolobus vs phalaris. cold weather dmt

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
acaciajim

D. Illinoises vs leptolobus vs phalaris. cold weather dmt

Post by acaciajim » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:22 pm

I'm looking for a cold weather dmt source to put in my garden (hardiness zone 7). I'm thinking desmanthus is my best option. I've read that leptolobus is superior because of higher and more consistent alkaloid content but have also been told from a reliable source that illinoises is just as good. Also thinking about phalaris brachys but they're so dang expensive... Anyone with experience in these, or better yet all of these please advise. If you have any suggestions of other plants that'd be great also.

teeko

Re: D. Illinoises vs leptolobus vs phalaris. cold weather dm

Post by teeko » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:15 am

The Phal grows fast and is invasive. With diligent harvest it could be easily maintained. Keep it on a healthy diet though, as you don't want it to become a fatty fat ass fatso.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

acaciajim

Post by acaciajim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 am

Haha why not? I think would like some fat grass.

hmmmmm... Unless you're saying humorously that I should harvest them young or keep them stressed to increase alkaloid content???

teeko

Post by teeko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:39 am

The mature material I ever tested was nothing compared to the young virgin sacrifice. :lol:

And there were lots of lard in the initial extracts in comparison.

But I have not a definitive answer as I only spent 2 summers working with it a few years back. Kind of a pain to work with in comparison to mhrb, but whats local will always be easier in the long run(less ye be rich with gold doubloons), and its fun wild harvesting.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

lurkmode 2.0

Post by lurkmode 2.0 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:01 pm

swimmy knows where loads of desmanthus be.

though he's heard of the gramine though he's not sure what would happen if it were used in extraction and one didn't remove said toxic substance.

sputnik2

Post by sputnik2 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:42 pm

desmanthus is a very good source of elfspice and aya brew, i did my first aya journeys with it,
there is no worry of gramine in it
it mostly contains dimethlytryptamine, and methyltryptamine usually in and around .3% tpa. plants have to be at least 5 yearsold before any value, i suggest you build a box with removable wals fill with soil and grow. when ready to harvest you can remove one side and dig in and under the plant to remove the roots dont take them all and refill the box harvesting without killing the plant
just an FYI from an oldtimer.
peace
mark brady
mjbbotanicals.com
cars are real, walls are hard and you cannot fly.
send lawyers, guns and money caus the shits gonna hit the fan