headaches and kratom

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
kill_blind_elite

headaches and kratom

Post by kill_blind_elite » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:13 pm

does anyone else experience this ??? I haven't had any k for a few years and I never get headaches either but I have a pretty bad headache right now !

minderbinder

Re: headaches and kratom

Post by minderbinder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 am

i'm rather new to k'tom, but i experience headaches with it rather regularly - no bad headaches, but definitely headaches of some strange kind
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

teeko

Post by teeko » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 am

Your dehydrated.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 pm

ditto. my problem is how tired and seasick I am the next day. only wanting to sleep. I know taking less might help but that's just not how I roll

Recluse

Post by Recluse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:26 am

First time I started experimenting with kratom, I really liked this one Indo batch. Was fine up to 5 g, though still a bit subtle. I pushed the amount to 6 g and got really nauseous, and all the associated bad things..headache, chills, etc..

Recently, I decided to get back into it and had no bad effects from 2 different Malays and a Bali strain...but have kept things at the 3-5g level where they are pleasant, but leave me wanting more. Don't want a repeat of the Indo sickness, but I will probably start pushing things again :)

Latest experiment will be with 2 g of the offending Indo + 3 g of a nice Green Malay. Maybe the combo will even things out. Tempted to go to 6 g there (3 each) but I wimped out... ;)

Will report back.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:40 am

redosing is my problem

Jizzmasterzero

headaches and kratom

Post by Jizzmasterzero » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 pm

I got headaches pretty often when I started using kratom. That stopped after a few weeks, and the headaches never came back. It can dehydrate you too, so make sure you chase your dose with a large glass of water.

Khnum93

Post by Khnum93 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:25 am

I got a few headaches in the beginning of using. Then I was fine. Quite later I started eating it mixed in yougurt. Was also doing fine, then my stomach started saying no. Haven't used in a awhile. Don't know what sample I tried one time, but I do recall I felt rushes while laying down. I preferred Bali and Indo(of some kind). Never used more than about 11 gms at at time by brewing it or eating.

93 93

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 am

same here, redosing and keeping it low - once i have enough intus to really feel it i start to "upgrade" every one or two hours.
not so good. does anyone else experience extreme tiredness the days after?
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

Recluse

Post by Recluse » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:41 am

No direct experience in the matter, but I think that I have read that only certain strains are conducive to re-dosing, while with others, there is really no more to be gained by 'upgrading'. My recollection was that the very stimulating strains like the Thai and Maeng Da could be upgraded while the more sedating like Bali did not. Also upgrading might turn a stimulation response into a sedating one.