Entheogen non-responder

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
WanderingSage

Entheogen non-responder

Post by WanderingSage » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello...came to this site to get some ideas as to why Swim is typically a non-responder to entheogens (psychoactive botanicals). Swim has experimented with sacred blue lotus, kanna, and kratom. Swim has used sacred blue lotus stamens soaked in wine for two weeks and noticed absolutely nothing other than the effects of the wine. Swim also used concentrated extracts of both kratom and kanna and they were also both without any effect.

Any ideas as to why these don't affect Swim?

WanderingSage

Re: Entheogen non-responder

Post by WanderingSage » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:50 pm

I guess no one has any idea? Swim spoke to one vendor who told him that kanna is only ineffective in people who were past drug abusers. Well, this certainly doesn't apply to Swim, but kanna is still completely ineffective...kratom for that matter as well. If it wasn't for all these forums, Swim would begin to suspect that all of these entheogens were little more than placebos.

Doing more research on sacred lotus, including those that partook of a 25:1 CO2 extract, apparently this stuff is almost always without effect in people. I have no idea how vendors continue to sell it, or rather, why people continue to buy it.

Elf Council Watchman

Post by Elf Council Watchman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Has Swim tried the powerful medicine plants such as Ayahuasca, mushrooms, or Achuma?

Not all thing work with all brains; not all extracts contain a true representation of plant spirit...

Those herbs Swim has been exploring are known as some of the most gentle in effect.
Blessings.

teeko

Post by teeko » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am

Two of my favorites listed, blue lotus is wonderful.

For kratom, EMPTY STOMACH and lots of water, capped or t&w. Your weight is a factor.

Blue by itself is less than subtle, its an "adherb", good for synergy.

Kanna, only noticed effects a handful of times, so I don't buy it.

Check out mulungu90%, sweet basil, German chamomile and I got a brain fart, bbl.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

flickedbic

Post by flickedbic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Cinnamon bark; the brain fart? :)

I would be interested in your impressions of Sweet Basil's Methyl chavicol Teeko.

I've never had Mulungu extract but I can imagine it making a fine addition :D

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Well I'm not teeko but I can't resist the temptation of talking about methyl chavicol.

It is clearly psychedelic, kind of a more speedy longer lasting calamus. It has the feeling of a psych, but not the power of what you can call a trip. Not for me at least. I digest oils poorly and taking 1 or 10 drop do the same in my system.

On the other hand the one time I tried the transdermal route 1 drop gave impressive effects.

Orally I use gentian or calamus as a preload, or all I get is a potent sedative, which is usefull sometimes.

It is a potent anti-fatigue. Taking it while hicking is awesome.

(sorry for my potential bad english, I'm drunk and "calamused")

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:29 am

You want a heavy hitting effect, then try Morning Glory seeds, on an empty stomach... And don't throw up. Or, Datura for that matter.

Both are harsh, neither will give you a pleasant trip, but if you have higher purposes in mind, either will damn sure get you there. Remember, dosage and ingestion method are important, and doing it on an empty stomach can make all the difference.

May you find what you seek,
Alice
Read my BLOG or THIS if you want to know who I am. If not, you aren't allowed to click my links.

To my fellow poisoners, I offer my HERBAL. This is the only way to buy a book that gets longer after you have it.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:57 pm

I don't believe you have tried kratom correctly or from a good vendor. Lotus is mild and kanna is supposedly a reverse tolerance so might not work the first couple times. I never had the patience for it.
Last edited by witchammer on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 pm

I don't believe you have tried kratom correctly or from a good vendor. Lotus is mild and kanna is supposedly a reverse tolerance so might not work the first couple times. I never had the patience for it.