need a fast acting stimulant tincture

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
catfishrivers

Re: need a fast acting stimulant tincture

Post by catfishrivers » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:53 pm

I think it's what you are looking for. My bro came over the other day, hadn't slept more than 2 hours 2 days straight, and he looked it. He was noticeable slow in his thinking, and speaking was slower than I am used to. I got him to try 4 "000" size capsules filled with kola nut powder and he said it really helped him stay alert on his 3 hour ride home from my house. I noticed while he was here too, about an hour after I persuaded him to give kola nut a try, he was more cogent, was keeping up with conversations as he usually does, and his eyes were noticeably more alert looking to me. It gave me a good feeling to know that he was much more alert and awake again before he hit the road. I think he is a bit of a hard head as well, because 4 capsules would have had me doing backflips and cartwheels to handle the energy overflow. From everything I have read you post over the years, I think you're constitution is likely similar. I hope it works for you. It'll be the best 13 bucks you ever spent lol

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 am

yea I am ordering today,thanx

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 pm

I've been interrested by kola for some time now. I have a chronic throat infection, and lack energy all the time (imagine a cold that last several years !)
I could really use a good stimulant. I think I will order kola soon.
Thanks for the good infos.

Edit: Damned! My usual french vendor is out of stock. I'll check the local african shop in my town, they may have it.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 pm

hope you haver seen a doctor or better yet an allergist. Do you notice this throat problem more when you eat red meat or dairy?

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:50 pm

you should look into reishi mushroom perhaps Dr Zzz

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:26 pm

According to my doctor it has an allergic component. The inflamation caused by the allergy will give a good opportuniy for any bacteria or virus passing in the neighborhood.
I still have to see and allergologist, a pneumo-allegologist, it's not in food, it's something in the air. But so many people are waiting for seing him that it is almost impossible to get an appointement.
From my experience I know that cigarette smoke and pollution are involved. I have been precribed anti-histamines but I do not tolerate them.

I tried reishi for some mounths it helped a bit, but not completely. I generally cycle between different adaptogens and tonics. Chaste tree is intresting because it's adaptogen, and suppress the symptoms of the cold. Calamus reduces allergies, as licorice do.

Eating a lot of fruits, vegetables, and spices helps a lot, drinking tea for detox too.

But a good stimulant for the days when I have someting to do and I'm too tired would be nice.

rowancraft

Post by rowancraft » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Have you considered Nettle seeds? I've not seen them discussed on here really...
The seeds must be ripe and fresh, green. (In the UK atleast summer solstice marks my harvest beginning).
Although the seeds most effective fresh, I've had success tincturing the fresh seeds. Dried lack the stimulant effect but retains many of its adrenal therepeutic properties. Which in itself sounds though it may be useful!
I offer it to my clients who are suffering from 'burn out'.
Definately worth a check IMO.

Certainly best of luck to you!
Thee i invoke by the moonlit sea,
The standing stone and the twisted tree.

rowancraft

Post by rowancraft » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 am

Jus reading back through this drZZZ. Have you considered Uncaria Tormentosa (cats claw)?
I find its ability to bump up the immune system and rid any infection/virus unparalleled.
With the added benefit of it being MAO-B inhibiting to some level, I find a distinct improvement In my energy levels and even mood. Something my clients have noticed also. (I put this down to mao-b properties, but if this is wrong and anyone could correct me or knows for sure why this occurs I'd love to know).
Thee i invoke by the moonlit sea,
The standing stone and the twisted tree.

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Cat's claw ? It is a just name for me. Never heard of it's properties, good to know.
Nettle seed is an adaptogen I did not try, indeed I should.