witches ointment?

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
BiffCo1138

Re: witches ointment?

Post by BiffCo1138 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm personally loving this... I'm gonna sit back and watch. I would like to know more about the origins of the term shamanism. Would either of you two like to recommend some good reading on the subject?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Sadly in my case it's information gleaned one thought at a time from hundreds of sources. The author Tom Brown Jr. had some interesting thoughts on shamanism, but he also had some really bizarre ones, and his experience is limited to only the teachings of a single native american tribe. Worth looking up, but don't take it as the gospel truth.

A lot of what I know about this subject and others comes from experimentation and spirit work, but I can hardly cite that as a definitive source.

May you find what you seek,
Alice
Read my BLOG or THIS if you want to know who I am. If not, you aren't allowed to click my links.

To my fellow poisoners, I offer my HERBAL. This is the only way to buy a book that gets longer after you have it.

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:32 pm

http://books.google.fr/books/about/La_c ... k4CZcJD-4C
Here is the bible concerning shamanism "strictly speaking", that is in Siberia. It use a russian bibliography most westerner do not have acces to. I don't think there is an english version, even english works quotes it in french. This woman is a top scholar on the subject. While it's is not about the term shamanism and its uses and abuses, it explains what it is really about in siberian societies.

And : "Shamans: Siberian Spirituality and the Western Imagination" by Ronald Hutton.
This fine historian works on the real history of witchcraft, druidism, etc... Not ideologies, fantasies or doctrines, like cave men practiced wicca, druids were nature worshipers and modern "druidic" organisations are their continuity... Just plain, methodic, documented, history, with among other good things a strong attention for the cultural contexts.

Mr.Psychonaut

Post by Mr.Psychonaut » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:24 pm

I love learning about datura and it's cousins. The trip reports make for the best reads. Erowid had a couple of witches ointment stories that I found to be the most interesting out of all my report studies. Someday i'd like to try it but I simply just don't fuck with deliriants.

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 am

It is definitely an interesting experience. Here in the near future I plan to take a much higher dose than on previous occasions and see how it goes.
Read my BLOG or THIS if you want to know who I am. If not, you aren't allowed to click my links.

To my fellow poisoners, I offer my HERBAL. This is the only way to buy a book that gets longer after you have it.