Open Source 100% Natural Smoke Blend Recipes

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
catfishrivers

Open Source 100% Natural Smoke Blend Recipes

Post by catfishrivers » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Let's start a thread and share out best 100% Natural smoking blend recipes. No synthetic chems! Just natural recipes.

Here's one I have been kickin' around for a bit and have come up with a pretty decent combo I think. You'll need:

amanita muscaria
yarrow
catnip
sag
wild dagga flowers
damiana
california poppy
chamomile
vervain
sweet grass
sinicuichi

What I noticed is that chamomile is actually pretty decently strong smoke on its own, and tastes good too. So I started adding things around it that would in my experience bring it closer to the feeling of good ole EDIT.

I made an extract of 2 heaping handfuls of chamomile using IPA 91%, soak for 2 days and agitate often. The vervain I used was pre-powdered, so it needed to be dissolved in order to apply it to the mix (went in first into the IPA/chamomile). Once this was ready, I then took a single handfull of each of the other ingredients and mixed them into IPA/chamomile extracted liquid. Stir it up real good and then let dry 100%.

So far I am pretty pleased with it. I am thinking to make a few cups of super concentrated betel nut tea and then dump all the herbs in that and let it all dry out to get the speed of the betel nut into the mix. I used to enjoy betel nut + sage + yaroow, so I think it will be a good addition once I get around to trying it out.

Also, blue lily extract would probably be another step I would like to try to add into the mix once I have the funds to get some more to play with.

What about you guys? What's been in your blends lately?

After that use a coffee grinder to grind it all up and get a nice even consistency and also make sure to get a decently homogeneous blend of all those herbs in each bowl.
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

Koda

Re: Open Source 100% Natural Smoke Blend Recipes

Post by Koda » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:57 am

I really like smoking mucuna pruriens foliage, combined with kanna it makes an excellent smoke. Sometimes I mix in a pinch of caapi leaves and lately I have been lining my herbals with a bit of sida rhombifolia which contains ephedra alks as well as PEA. I want to make a betel extract as well, I think it could be promising. Chamomile and valerian are nice for relaxing but albizzia flowers (happiness tree) are my new go to herbal smoke for relaxation... they taste so good.
http://meridianbotanicals.com - Ethnobotanical superstore featuring Kratom and 150+ unique botanicals sourced from all over the world. Certified organic, fair trade, wildharvested ingredients and near 20 unique psychoactive alchemical blends.

oahspe

Post by oahspe » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Currently experimenting with: Mullein, Catnip, Skullcap, Lemon Balm, Chamomile and a pinch of Damiana, but it's much less harsh without the Damiana. Just ordered some Pedicularis Procera and Skullcap (Baicalensis) extracts. Looking into adding Dagga, Passionflower as well as other varieties of Skullcap and Pedicularis.

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm

I did a blend albeit a couple years ago, it was entirely of African sacred herbs. I made it both with and without synthetic cannabinoids. Once all the nasty synthetic stuff was gone I realized what a nice effect the herbs had on their own. No I dont make or use any synthetics anymore.
I long lost the actual recepie but i know it contained wild dagga flowers, imphepho, African wormwood and wildegansie. The artemesia was a very bitter smoke, I would likely skip that.

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I really want to order some wild dagga flowers to make bubble hash with!

Koda

Post by Koda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 am

Sida cordifolia leaf
Mullein
Ginkgo Biloba leaf
Damiana

;)
http://meridianbotanicals.com - Ethnobotanical superstore featuring Kratom and 150+ unique botanicals sourced from all over the world. Certified organic, fair trade, wildharvested ingredients and near 20 unique psychoactive alchemical blends.

kill_blind_elite

Post by kill_blind_elite » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I know this is off subject but I am trying to find LEGAL aphrodisiacs to blend into a message oil ... since you guys have played around with some of those herbs what would everyone say is the one herb that they would use for an aphrodisiac ?