Do You Like Yerba Mate?

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Khnum93

Re: Do You Like Yerba Mate?

Post by Khnum93 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I have been drinking it for awhile. I'm a coffee drinker during the morning and yerba mate or tea is for afterdinner. SWIM likes drinking it late in the evening right before bed after having a sedated evening from poppy pod tea. Makes for an interesting way to fall asleep & pleasant dreams. My method is to boil water and pour it over two tablespoons in a cup. let steep for a bit, strain and drink. I have heard of a kratom and yerba matte combo, but never tried it.

93 / 93

Vor33t3x

Post by Vor33t3x » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 am

I am usually a green tea afficionado, but I started using yerba on a daily basis about a month ago and I have to say I enjoy it quite a bit. I find the energy it gives me is long lasting and without caffeine jitters for the most part. I understand the main active constituent is Xanthine, though I'm sure there are some other fun little actives at work. I like the action of the tannins present, and it lends a nice cleansing and tonifying action. I'm tempted to drink more than I should because it is so delicious and pleasantly stimulating with a warm euphoric glow.

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 pm

I am still drinking yerba mate nearly any time I want a pick me up. I hardly ever drink coffee anymore. Coffee makes me very jittery. Just one cappuccino and I cant hardly stand it. Yerba doesnt do this even if I drink it all day. I drink a lot of builder tea also but I get no useful stimulation from that. I find that pure maple syrup makes a great sweetener with yerba mate. Mate maple creme with steamed half and half... I might go have one now. I still just brew it in a drip coffee pot and it works great. If you try it in a cappuccino machine dont forget how much the leaf expands when it is wet. It can be quite a mess.

hekura

Post by hekura » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Coffee is tasty, but I don't drink it regularly. Maybe I drink it 20 times a year. I've had all of the best brews, too, so, it's not that I'm unsophisticated. I want a stimulant with more. Imagine a mild euphoria with greater ability to focus. Well, can't get that from Yerba mate. Not really. Unless you're committed to drinking it constantly. At least, it quits its stimulation rapidly after you quit ingesting it. That's allright, though. It still has a nice grassy flavor.

damonster

Post by damonster » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Yerba mate reminds me of a pile of burning leaves...
"The flame that once burned so bright,
Extinguished through out time,
Just an ember left,
To glow at night..." - "Nevermore Shall Our Paths Cross" Dirtyhookerbeast

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Hekura have you tried yerba with 25x cacao extract? I always loved that especially if you take a low to moderate dose of a stimulating kratom like thai or maylay. The best morning tonic ever as far as I am concerned!

lurkmode 2.0

Post by lurkmode 2.0 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:14 pm

I love to make strong mate with a handful of guayusa. A few cups of that and you're feeling phine.

hekura

Post by hekura » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm

chuck_finley wrote:Hekura have you tried yerba with 25x cacao extract? I always loved that especially if you take a low to moderate dose of a stimulating kratom like thai or maylay. The best morning tonic ever as far as I am concerned!
No I haven't tried that extract. Tell me more? Does it taste like chocolate? I bet that adding the kratom would be very nice. Around how much is a low to moderate dose? Swim said he tried several of those super stimulating kratoms. wowow. not for everyday.

I meant to say I like the green tea anything, too. I think Vortex mentioned it, maybe others. Green tea is wonderful and the extract gives a natural feeling to me, instead of a jittery jag. Poppies aren't allowed, but I can imagine.

wrigsted

Post by wrigsted » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:09 am

Hey, some good ides for mate. 25x cacao extract and guayusa I had never thought of that one. I live in Scandinavia so there is no one who knows mate. It is a long time since I've been drinking it, this post has inspired me to on ordered something mate, a new gourd and straw. And given me a good reason to try guayusa. Thank you people

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:01 am

a lot of people love that cacoa 25 but I find it gets me 25x more jittery and nervous than the strongest cup of coffee. As far as mate I might have already said this somewhere in this thread but it is great to bring to the gym to keep you going. I am soon going to try it with mucuna.