helichrysum odoratissimum - imphepho

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.

Re: helichrysum odoratissimum - imphepho -

Postby chrisnh » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:46 pm

i just got my order of this in. a ziploc stuffed with it, lots of twigs with green leaves and yellow "flowers". i would assume that the leaves and flowers are what is smoked(or just flowers?) and that the stick part is useless? thanks :)

edit: now that i look close, it's just yellow flowers,green leaves, and a greyish fuzzy. is that stuff smokable? here's what it looks like as i'm separating it http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3...0mediumvl5.jpg
Last edited by chrisnh on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisnh

Postby bravedog » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Smoked about 2/5g imphepho [helichrysum petiolare]. There were definite hard to classify effects, fairly mild as for most ethnobotanicals; kind of calm, mild pleasant physical sensation - my back was ok so couldn't test analgesic qualities but no opioid feeling effects. There were occasional interesting perceptions of detail in the world and an altered framing of the visual field. As usual for me effects were stronger out of doors. Effects were immediate and decreased by about 1/3 in 1:15,then to about 1/2 original strength in 2 hours. Whether or not as a result of imphepho, dreams were more thoughtlike and less visual than usual, less memorable, less pleasant also.

Based on this single experience, imphepho is definitely active but mild, likely to be of interest to those interested in the broad spectrum of available ethnobotanicals but not to others. Hope this helps

bravedog
bravedog

Postby KTB » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:28 pm

I would be happy to get the research going on this plant by offering 3.5g samples of the flowers only, to the first 15 people to PM me WITH THEIR ADDRESS and a note asking for the sample. Those who receive samples, please post back on this thread so we can all get a general consensus on this plant.
KTB

Postby bravedog » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Smoked 2/5 g imphepho flowers kindly supplied by KTB [thanks KTB!]. Effects were similar to my report on smoking whole plant from africanshaman reported earlier in this thread, but somewhat stronger and more interesting. While the underlying base effects weren't pronounced [but were definite] the most interesting thing was a kind of freeing up the psyche to interesting perceptions, like an interesting 3D percept of plant strands, or light on an object reminding me of the light and shadow on photographs of planets. No sense these perceptions were forced on me, but suggested and allowed. Main effects lasted an hour or so. So, not overwhelming but intereseting and unique.
bravedog

Postby KTB » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 pm

The offer for samples still stands, PM me with an adress and I will make it happen, lets figure this plant out.
KTB

Postby jmmvl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:41 am

received my helichrysum yesterday. light fluffy yellow flowers. i rolled 6 or 7 pinches into a cigarette with tobacco. i had read that helichrysum is called kougo'ed in south africa. i think it would make sense to add to kanna to smoke. it drastically reduced the harshness of the tobacco smoke, as i think it would for other things. also gave a heightened sense of awareness to the outdoors. worth doing some more experiments. may try it on its own later
jmmvl

Postby replicant76 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:11 am

got mine yesterday, will report back.
replicant76

Postby replicant76 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:47 pm

on my first test of the flowers only, this seems to be at least twice the strength of the leaves. very relaxing and floaty, thoughts seem to stream on.
replicant76

Postby KTB » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:59 am

Would anyone be interested in a 5X resin extract if I were to produce some?
KTB

Postby chrisnh » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:03 am

i can't say i'd be a regular buyer of it, but i'd certainly try it and see how i like it.
chrisnh

PreviousNext

Return to Other Entheogens Discussion