Blue Lotus and Kratom--Dangerous???

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
kdoske

Blue Lotus and Kratom--Dangerous??? -

Post by kdoske » Sun May 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Good day all,

When taking kratom and blue lotus should one be cautious with the amouts used? I guess I'm just worred that you can take to much lotus with the kratom and it could be 'harmful'. Maybe i'm over cautious, but i would like to know to ease my mind when I mix the two. I have tried looking everywhere but I do not see anyting about it anywhere. My friend usually takes 8grams of kratom and brews 5grams of lotus in hot water for about 15mins then drink.

what brought this on is that my friend took his normal dose of 8grams of kratom, from a bag of kratom that had been used at least 4 or 5 times before with the exact same dosage, and drank his brewed 5 grams of blue lotus tea. the only thing different this time is that 5grams of blue lotus was mainly the powdered crumbs from the bottom of an almost empty bag. I guess the particles were so small that a lot of the plant material was in the tea. He drank it as normal but about 1.5 hours later the effects were almost over powering. It scared the crap out of him and and almost gave him a panic attack, It wasn't cool.

Since this experence and seeing how powerful the two are together. He is wondering if mixing these 2 could be dangerous.

Thanks for the help guys.
Last edited by kdoske on Sun May 27, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EROCx1

Re: Blue Lotus and Kratom--Dangerous??? -

Post by EROCx1 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:16 am

SWIM likes the two together. Don't let the "bottom of an almost empty bag" of Nymphaea caerulea fool ya. I have read a multiple reports indicating that the stamens contain the highest concentration of actives. Also based on SWIM's own personal experience they believe this may very well be true. Both are relatively non-toxic, I wouldn't really concern myself with OD or consider mixing the two dangerous. The synergy is wonderful, so Ive heard.

*Note we are talking plant material here, not extracts.

vestyjr

Post by vestyjr » Mon May 28, 2007 2:36 pm

I've heard many stories of Kratom and Blue Lotus being able to create a fantastic effect when combined. As Eroc said, a "synergy". Saying that, (I've heard many stories of Kratom and Blue Lotus being wonderful together), I've *NEVER* seen or read any stories/reports about overdoses or the combination being dangerous. I think the idea is simply to be sensible in your dosing. I'm thinking that it's most important to dose the Kratom carefully..?

hillshaman

Post by hillshaman » Mon May 28, 2007 2:53 pm

With caution, Kratom is very safe and gentle on the body. My cat has not had any problems, and he is a common tea drinker.

Ferdinand

Post by Ferdinand » Mon May 28, 2007 11:50 pm

I guess the particles were so small that a lot of the plant material was in the tea.
Not all of the alkaloids in blue lotus are extracted with water. My cat sometimes uses a coffee bean grinder on his lotus, then mixes in the powder with water. Sometimes adds honey. This is markedly more potent than a water extract of the same amount of material.

They both affect opiate receptors, but together they affect a wider range.

*Note:Cat hasn't tried kratom

kdoske

Post by kdoske » Tue May 29, 2007 1:20 am

Thanks much for all the input guys. It is greatly appreciated. :)

teeko

Post by teeko » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 pm

A friend of my neighbor would like to know if anyone mixes a small amount of blue lotus with their kratom when they toss and wash?

He heard somewhere that a small amount of lotus blended together with the kratom makes for a pleasant experience.

But someone else said that making lotus tea and using that for the "wash" is a better way to go.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

saltwater09

Post by saltwater09 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:42 am

teeko wrote:A friend of my neighbor would like to know if anyone mixes a small amount of blue lotus with their kratom when they toss and wash?

He heard somewhere that a small amount of lotus blended together with the kratom makes for a pleasant experience.

But someone else said that making lotus tea and using that for the "wash" is a better way to go.
^^^ Ferdinand's method is the way to go. Eating the plant material is more effective than just making a tea with lotus. I like to make a double extraction tea out of plant material, then swallow the semi-spent plant matter and follow 10min later with the tea. I eat the plant matter first that way if my stomach can't handle it, I won't loose any of the tea when it comes back up :)

teeko

Post by teeko » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:35 pm

I haven't seen anyone expel blue lotus or kratom yet. But i saw someone get really bad cramps from powdering the lotus then drinking the tea without straining(above mentioned method, but plant matter was left in the tea). It looked real thick at the bottom of the glass.

Could have been the taco's he ate earlier that day though.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

saltwater09

Post by saltwater09 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:22 am

I would imagine the plant material to be quite high in fiber. Always follow a TNW with plenty of water(I would say at least 12oz if not 16-20, just to be safe).