entheogenic theories review (acacia)

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.

entheogenic theories review (acacia)

Postby entheogenic-gnosis » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:46 am

When it comes to acacia and the holy land there are some interesting theorys out there, like:

http://hedgemason.blogspot.com/2012/08/ ... cacia.html
(Theory about freemasons and acacia)

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... -nilotica/
(Theory about Egyptians and acacia)

I'm not making judgement either way, I just think its interesting speculation, though it would be interesting to hear everyones thoughts, criticisms, and ideas about these topics.

-E. Borodin
entheogenic-gnosis

Re: entheogenic theories review (acacia)

Postby Dr Zzz » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Well it is true that that both acatia nilotica and peganum harmal were both available to the ancients... so why not !
On the other hand, the existence of a source does not imply that this source was used since the old times. Look at the DMT en 5MEODMT containing phramites or phalaris.

But it is not sure that the egyptian tree of life was an acacia o_O

There are good reasons think to the tree associated to the NE Great Goddesses (Hathor, or Ishtar, or Asherah, ...) : the Tree of Life, is a sycamore (Ficus sycomorus).
Of course this does not mean that acacia is not represented too.

Note that in corresponding greek lore the tree is and oak, the winged oak of Persephone. So here too, no DMT involved.

So while it is entirely possible, theorically, that DMT acacias were used in NE aniquity, the mythological pointers to such a practices are not so good.
Dr Zzz

Postby entheogenic-gnosis » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:08 am

I think acacia nilotica was a poor choice, acacia seyel or acacia Senegal would have been better.

In the Bible "shittim" wood is seen as sacred, shittim wood is acacia seyel. The burning Bush was acacia seyel, and the ark of the covenant was made from acacia seyel, as well as other sacred artifacts such as the pole for the brazen serpent. Sprigs of acacia were also used as grave markers (in masonic lore Hiram abiff's grave is marked with acacia).

I honestly see very much evidence for entheogen use in ancient Egyptian as well as ancient Hebrew culture. Its just extremely subtle.

Dr. Rick Strassman even came out with a new book titled " DMT and the Soul of Prophecy: A New Science of Spiritual Revelation in the Hebrew Bible". Its a really good book that somewhat covers these topics, though Dr. Strassman feels endogenous DMT is responsible.

-E. Borodin
entheogenic-gnosis

Postby Dr Zzz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:12 am

I agree. In fact if see entheogen use in most cultures. Sometimes it is something we consider weak by out standards (ex: myrrh, juniper), but you can have full blown altered state with meditation techs, so if you add a psychoactive, even weak, to that, imagine the synergy.

It's just that it is not very clear, it is not easy to understand which plants were used, precisely. And I'm not sure that the Tree Of Life mythology is a good pointer.

We can be sure that the Egyptian used blue lotus, some say with mandragore.
Dr Zzz

Postby entheogenic-gnosis » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:02 am

Ive always wondered how much of a role endogenous compounds play in this puzzle.

Is it possible that religious and spiritual experiances seem so similar to entheogenic experiances because they are in fact being caused by the same compounds? Only instead of having to obtain DMT from a plant source, it is obtained through meditation or spiritual ritual releasing endogenous DMT?....

Or is it just that every culture has at one time or another used entheogens?

There are still MANY mysteries in ethnobotany that need to be solved...or at least explored.

-E. Borodin
entheogenic-gnosis

Postby sage-borodin » Wed May 31, 2017 8:26 am

I used to share a profile with EG, I actually miss the guy. I came here looking for him.

Seriously EG If you read this, message my account. (By the way, there are several people who turned out to not be you using that name, we messaged every single one of them looking for you)

(HA! You used borodin as your name here! Bloody sasha shulgin want to be! I'm just joking with you, for the love of God tell somebody where you are. )
sage-borodin

Return to Other Entheogens Discussion